This spectacular event will take place on the Great Western Greenway, one the longest off-road walking and cycling trails in Ireland. The event introduces a Half Marathon, Marathon and Ultra Marathon to a route that is steeped in both history and scenic beauty. The event is open for both individuals and relay teams.
The World Class Great Western Greenway is a traffic free cycling and walking trail which follows the route of the renowned Westport to Achill railway which closed in 1937.
Event details and schedule
The course offers breath taking and stunning scenery. The Marathon Festival will officially start in Westport and competitors will complete the event in Achill.
The 42.2kilometres is the official marathon distance from Westport to Achill.
- Ultra- Marathon comprises of a return run on the greenway route for a finish in Westport.
- Full Marathon starts in Achill and finishes in Westport. Participants will be bussed from Westport to the start in Achill (included as part of race fee).
- Relay Team Marathon an opportunity for a team of 3 runners to take part in the Western Green Way Marathon Festival. The 26.2 miles is split into 3 legs, each runner will run one individual leg.
- The Half Marathon event consists of competitors completing the course to Newport (Leg 1) and then returning for an official finish in Westport.
There will be a bag drop facility available for all competitors at the race finish (Bags will be made available to participants at the race registration in Westport on the evening prior to the event).
Event Date: Saturday 24th March 2018
Event Registration: Friday 23rd March 2018
Choose an event that suits you!
- Entry Fee Standard Marathon: €55
- Entry Fee Half Marathon: €34
- Entry Fee Ultra Marathon : €65
- Entry Fee Relay Marathon: €120
- Wicking finisher’s t-shirt
- Accurate chip timing
- Training plans offered on Atlantic Series Facebook page
- Unique finisher’s medal
- Race recovery pack
- Fantastic running experience
- Bag drop
- Return bus to event start
Atlantic Series Challenge