Ok, so a few of us here are training for upcoming ultramarathons (again) and don't want to do our longest training run alone. So we once again invite all our friends to join us for the 5th annual Racing for Daylight!! That means old friends, new friends and soon-to-be friends. With a fully stocked aid station, all your needs will be met! Race will be run (or biked or a combination of) on 5 mile looped course on packed gravel. With a start time of 6pm, we run until 7am (since we lose an hour for Daylight Savings). That's how we will be Racing for Daylight. Won't you join us??? This race is totally FREE unless you want a one-of-a-kind souvenir shirt!! So come and participate for as long as you want. Walk, run, bike or do all three. The choice is yours!! We will be taking donations for the Healthy Futures Pulaski County OneSolePurpose project that is working to raise the funds to provide a new pair of shoes to every elementary student in the Title I schools in Pulaski County.
Event details and schedule
- The course is a 5 mile loop leading out of the Waynesville Park on to packed gravel.
- Race begins at 6 p.m. on March 13 and ends at 7:00 a.m. on March 14 (lose an hour due to daylight savings time).
- Sunrise Service to follow the end of the race at 7:15 a.m.
- One stocked aid station. Personal hydration devices are required.
- Masks must be worn when social distancing is not possible.
- The event is free but donations will be accepted for our OneSolePurpose project to provide a new pair of shoes to every elementary student in our Title I schools. Every $28 raised makes a difference in the life of a child.