We're sorry, but this class is over. The last meeting was Wednesday, March 31, 2021.
The clay must go on! Join Karen Sacks for her virtual handbuilding class. Classes will include demos of a various handbuilding techniques as well as surface decoration. Karen makes working with clay at home doable and fun. Curated tool kits, individual tools, 19" rolling pins and table top kits are available for purchase by contacting Karen directly.
This is an online 6 week course running from 2/24/21 - 3/31/21. Glazing of completed works in studio during the week of 3/29/21 - 4/02/21.
Class tuition includes your first bag of clay as well as glazes and firing fees for coursework completed in class. Clay is available at Wayne Art Center.
Before coming into the studio, students are required to complete a daily health screening. If a student is unable to complete the health screening, a parent or guardian must complete it for them.
Please remember that masks are mandatory, keep a minimum of 6 feet away from others, wash your hands frequently, and do not touch your face. Hand Sanitizer is only effective three or four times in a row, then proper hand washing is a must!
If you or a family member is not feeling well, please let us know, and do not come into the studio. We will get through this together.
Video Instructions for Zoom Classroom Registration: CLICK HERE
Guidelines for Video Communication
By clicking the 'Add to Cart' button, your are agreeing to our Video Conferencing Guidelines.
1. Remember that any audio/video communication may involve two-way camera and audio usage. This means that the instructor will need to see students’ work and speak with them about it, and may also be able to see and hear what is occurring in the student’s home.
2. Do not make audio or video recordings of lessons. Without the permission of the instructor, Wayne Art Center and other lesson participants, this may be illegal.
3. Do not provide access to the lesson to anyone other than the registered participant.
4. Maintain the confidentiality of other students if you or your child are participating in a group lesson. All individuals participating may be able to see and hear what is occurring in your home, including what everyone is wearing, just as you may see and hear what is occurring in their home.
5. If that makes you uncomfortable, you are encouraged to set the video conference up so that only the student is visible, sitting in front of a wall.
6. Wayne Art Center reserves the right to make audio and video recordings of all lessons. Any such recordings will be the sole property of Wayne Art Center, and may be retained, used, or disposed of in its discretion, subject to applicable laws.
*Registration for a class is for one participant. If you have more than one person participating from your household please register them each individually.
2020-2021 Adult Membership
or 2020-2021 Supporting Membership
or 2020-2021 Family Membership
or 2020-2021 Senior Membership
or 2020-2021 Friend Membership
or 2020-2021 Adult Membership