Save on this event with ACTIVE Advantage
Your Advantage member discount automatically applies at checkout
Centennial Park131 Church Street NE Vienna, VA 22180
- Sponsored by ACE Physical Therapy & Sports Medicine Institute
- ACE LOCATIONS: Alexandria | Arlington/Clarendon | Fairfax / FairOaks | Falls Church / Merrifield | Herndon / Reston | Lansdowne / Leesburg | Tysons Corner / McLean / Vienna
- This event, the Washington area's GREEN race, recognizes our stewardship of our environment.
- The unique out-and-back course runs through one of the area's first environmentally-protected zones, an undeveloped meadowland where the deer and the antelope play.
- The W&OD for its entire 44-mile length is a swath of green amidst urban development all around.
- The caboose and the old Vienna station where we start and finish commemorate Virginia's history.
- The race course is a narrow (12-foot) wide paved trail, mostly flat, with a brief spur into a lovely neighborhood.
- We offer water and aid stations at 1.5, 3.0, and 4.5 miles, as well as the start/finish. | Volunteer instructions
- We share the course with other users and bicyclists, so stay to the right.
- To share rides or throw sheep, join our our Facebook page
- To emphasize our commitment to conservation,
• All our printing is two-sided on recycled paper
• We offer on-line paperless entry
• You may bring your used (but not abused) running shoes to packet pick-up for recycling by More Foundation Group
• Our t-shirts are printed by Sport Science™ > of Vienna using an environmentally-friendly non-polluting ink fusion process, rather than traditional screen printing
- Pre-race and pot-race stretches led by ACE Physical Therapy & Sports Medicine Institute
- Post-race, we recycle all our race-day wastes
- Timing by Safety And Health Foundation.
• We use the old-fashioned but environmentally-friendly bib number method.
• Please wear your bib number visibly on the front of your shirt.
- Assisted by Friends of the W&OD Trail Patrol
Event details and schedule
- Friday, July 26 -- Pre-race packet pickup (4:00-6:00 PM) at ACE Physical Therapy & Sports Medicine Institute, 2841 Hartland Road #401B, Falls Church VA 22043 (703-205-1233) - one block east of Gallows Road, one block north of Lee Highway | Directions
- Saturday, July 27 -- Race-day packet pick-up (4:15-5:45 PM) on-site at Centennial Park, 131 Church Street NE, Vienna VA | Directions
- Saturday, July 27 -- GREEN UNIVERSITY™ College of the Environment (4:00-8:00 PM) on-site at Centennial Park, featuring displays by environmental and other organizations
- Centennial Park is one block NW on the W&OD Trail from Whole Foods of Vienna at 143 Maple Avenue at Park Street. Take Metrobus 2T from Dunn Loring-Merrifield Metro Station to Maple Avenue & Center St. (Vienna)
- Call Karla McDuffie (703-981-6639) or Jay Jacob Wind (703-927-4833) to be an exhibitor at College of the Environment | Please bring your own chairs, table, and tent
- Sponsors who donate $100+ get their name ($250+ for logo) on the race t-shirt & website, plus goodie bag inserts and race-day display
- Send sponsorships and 300 goodie bag inserts by July 15 to SHF, c/o Jay Jacob Wind, 611 South Ivy Street, Arlington VA 22204
- Awards: $600 in cash prizes • $150 for 1st • $100 for 2nd • $50 for 3rd • M/F
- Additional 10-year awards 1st / 2nd / 3rd M/F
- Totally flat, fast, scenic course | Course Map
- 3 water / aid stations
- Post-race music and refreshments
- We want this race the GREENEST race ever conducted. Call us with ideas
- Benefits Friends of the W&OD Trail and SHF's charity partners