April 26, 2015 will be the 13th year for Sharky's on the Pier's charity bike ride, Ride the Beaches. This year we will once again support the Livestrong Foundation, help for those battling cancer today as well as our own Team Tony and the Friends of the Legacy Trail.
In 2014 we hosted 1000 riders and raised over $25,000.00 to donate. This event has raised over $100,000.00 through the years and with your support this will be the best year yet! The owners and employees of Sharky's and Fins at Sharky's donate their time to this event. Every penny over cost is donated!
All riders will start the day with breakfast on the Gulf at Maxinne Barritt Park, right next door to Sharky's. Fresh fruit, juice, bagels, fruit bread and coffee are available for your pleasure. All rest stops will be stocked with water, sports drink, fresh fruit, snacks and/or sandwiches and of course, Marc's fabulous Shark Bars! Lunch will be served under the tent on the beach patio back at Sharky's. Enjoy the outdoor grilled BBQ chicken, Caesar salad, pasta, bread and vegetables.
- The 15 mile ride stays on the island of Venice. There is an optional extra 4 miles that goes off the island, on the Venetian Waterway Trail. This ride is suitable for most anybody with a bike. You will ride to Caspersen Beach and access the Venetian Waterway Trail. After riding the trail to the north side of Venice you will ride low-traffic roads to the south jetty for your rest stop. From there you will meander through the residential side streets back to Sharky's.
- The 35 mile ride will take you over The Intracoastal Waterway to the neighborhood streets of south Venice. You will cross The Intracoastal Waterway again and have your first rest stop at lovely Manasota Beach. Now ride down beautiful Manasota Key. In some places you will be so close to the beach you have to watch for sand in the road! After returning up the key you will hit the rest stop again and head back to Venice, this time using the Venetian Waterway Trail part of the way.
- The 70 mile ride will follow the 35 mile course for the first half. This is the perfect opportunity for couples and friends of different riding levels to ride together for the first part of the ride. After Manasota Key the ride will head east through horse farm country and there you will find your rest stop along the Myakka River. From there you head west again to take The Legacy Trail up to Osprey, then over to Casey Key. More riding along the beach with spectacular views of the Gulf on your return to Sharky's for lunch.
Event details and schedule
- **!!BREAKING NEWS!!!***
WE NOW HAVE A 2ND PACKET PICK UP SCHEDULED!!
BICYCLES INTERNATIONAL WILL HOST A FRIDAY (4/24) EVENING PACKET PICKUP FROM 4:00 - 7:00 PM!
1744 Tamiami Trail S.
Venice, FL 34293
Please help spread the word!
- Packet Pick Up: 4/25/2015 at Real Bikes in Venice, on the 41 bypass. 10am - 2pm; See you there!
- Registration Day of Event: beginning at 6:30 am
- Breakfast starts: 7:00 am
- THIS IS NOT A MASS START EVENT! Begin your ride when you are ready and pace yourself according to your ability! We want everyone to finish their ride and have a time to enjoy lunch on the beach at Sharky's!
- SUGGESTED start times:
- 70 miles: 7:30
35 miles: 8:00
15 miles: 9:00
- Lunch served : 11:30 am - 2:00 pm
- If you're interested in pre-ordering the 2015 Jersey (shown below) please go here: http://www.bespokekit.com/product/sharkys-ride-jersey/
Proceeds will be included in our donations so get 2 and share the love!
Ride the Beaches