Join us for the Inaugural APPLETREE Boston-Qualifying Marathon, Half Marathon & Sunset 5K. This "Run Through History" will take you on a flat, fast and scenic course through Fort Vancouver, Officer's Row, the Army Barracks, Pearson Airport - the oldest operating airport in the USA, the Historical Old Apple Tree, along the magestic Columbia River and many other historical vantage points. There's so much to see that the miles will fly by!
This Inaugural event will quickly be regarded as one of the prettiest and most unique courses in the Northwest and perhaps the USA! When do you get to experience a history lesson during your race?!
The quaint community of Vancouver WA will welcome you and your family with open arms and provide you with a racing experience that you just can't get anywhere else. The volunteer support is off the charts and the energy along the course will make it an enjoyable experience that you will want to return to year after year.
The Marathon will be a 2-Loop, spectator-friendly, flat & fast Boston Qualifying course highlighting the beauty of this community and offer an exciting racing experience with energetic water stations EVERY mile and plenty of entertainment to keep you engaged. The Half Marathon will offer the same experience with the joy of knowing you get to start the party a little earlier than your Marathon counterparts!
The Sunset 5K will offer a shorter distance for our friends, family and others in the community who would like the opportunity to enjoy the racing experience. It will also allow for a Pre-race shake-down for our Marathon and Half Marathon athletes and the opportunity for them to earn the coveted BEAST medal for an athlete who races both Saturday and Sunday.
Since Vancouver WA is right across the river from Portland OR, you are within a 20 minute drive to the PDX International Airport and minutes away from the big city.
WHY APPLETREE? Vanouver WA is known for it's history including the Old Apple Tree Park, home of the Oldest Apple Tree in the Northwest and maybe even the entire Pacific West Coast. The APPLETREE Marathon, Half Marthon & 5K will celebrate all this history, capture the beauty of the Northwest and create a theme of all things 'APPLE'.
Schedule of Events:
Saturday September 15th
- 6:00pm - 5K Sunset Run
Sunday September 16th
- 7:00am - Marathon start
- 8:00am - Half Marathon start
Event Highlights & Post-Event Festivities:
- Boston Qualifying Marathon Course
- Extremely Scenic courses highlighting the history of the community, the Columbia River and views of majestic Mt. Hood
- A "Run through History"
- Flat & Fast Courses - A great opportunity for a PR and to qualify for the Boston Marathon
- One Loop for the Half Marathon / 2 Loops for the Marathon
- 5K Sunset Run
- BEAST Medal for those who race Saturday & Sunday
- Post Event Meal & Party
- All things APPLE - Apple Pie, Apple Cider, Apple Bling...Apple, Apple, Apple!
- FREE Beer courtesy of Deschutes Brewery
- NO long, boring section through the Industrial region towards Frenchmans Bar!
- No Train Track delays!
- The APPLETREE MARATHON will either be your last opportunity in the USA to qualify for BOSTON 2019 or your first opportunity to qualify for BOSTON 2020
- Incredible race support with water stations and entertainment EVERY mile
- Technical Runner's t-shirt
- Finisher's Medal
- Chip Timing
- Sense of accomplishment – Feels so good!
- Plus - Remember that "An Apple a Day, Keeps the Doctor Away!"
Event details and schedule
Why Racing Events, INC