This activity is closed to registration.
This course is for those that want to learn the game from scratch (no experience required) although card playing experience will help. If you know Bridge but would like to improve your knowledge of North America's most common system, Standard American, then this course will benefit you too. Fundamentals of the game, scoring, and basic plays will be taught; the bulk of the course focuses on bidding. It will start you off enjoying this most popular card game. A form of mini-bridge will leant in two weeks and, after five lessons, you'll know enough to play the game. However, you can spend a lifetime learning to play Bridge well! No Class Oct 11.
No Class Oct 11.
NOTE: The nature of the activity is such that you may interact with other people who are considered to be in good health, continuous physical distance between other people cannot be guaranteed, and, by participating in the activity, you are at risk of being infected by a pathogen, including but not limited to SARS-COV-2. SARS-COV-2, which causes the disease COVID-19, may exacerbate other health issues and is the cause of an ongoing global pandemic. SARS-COV-2 is highly communicable and dangerous. If you become infected with SARS-COV2, you may transmit it to other people even if you are not exhibiting symptoms of illness. Proof Of Vaccination:
• Entry into recreation centres does not require proof of vaccination, but will be required for some programs and activities.
• For a list of programs and activities that require proof of vaccination, please cut and paste into your web browser: https://vancouver.ca/files/cov/covid-proof-of-vaccine.pdf
• Come prepared with your official proof of vaccination and government-issued photo ID.
• It is recommended that you arrive early for your activity in order to show proof of vaccination if required.
• For acceptable proof of vaccination and for all other information, please cut and paste into your web browser: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/vaccinecard.html. Communicable Disease Health & Safety Practices:
• Participants are required to comply with the current Face Coverings Order of the Provincial Health Officer. For more information, please cut and paste into your web browser: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/info/restrictions
• Participants should assess themselves daily for symptoms of common cold, influenza, COVID-19, or other infectious respiratory disease before attending a program.
• Participants who are ill, including participants of essential service providers, should not attend a program or access the Community Centre. If you are unsure, you should self-isolate and contact 8-1-1 or the local public health unit.
• Registration and payment is required for most programs to help reduce the capacity to allow for physical distancing. Limited drop-ins may be permitted, depending on the facility.
• All participants are encouraged to practice proper hand hygiene and respiratory etiquette by covering coughs or sneezes.
6 - Adult
Meeting Room 2 at *West End Community Centre
Britannia 55+ Team