The Tustin Chamber of Commerce announces the 2nd Annual Tustin Hangar Half Marathon and 5K. Both races will take place on Sunday, March 11, 2018.
These races are structured to raise the maximum amount of funds for local nonprofits and charities while showcasing one of the most beautiful and historic cities in Southern California. A minimum of 15% of all race registration fees are slated to go directly to the nonprofits and charities that the race registrants themselves choose when they register for one of the races. No other major road race in the United States allows the racers to choose the non-profit or charity they want to support.
Both races will start at The District at Tustin Legacy, a one million square foot open-air entertainment and shopping center.
Runners in both races will proceed through one of the two Tustin blimp hangars, among the largest wooden structures ever built and are rarely opened to the public. These impressive structures are seventeen stories high, over 1,000 feet long and 300 feet wide! No other major road race in the United States runs through a giant blimp hangar.
The Half Marathon continues from the District to The Marketplace, another fantastic 670,000 square-foot open-air shopping and entertainment center; and then proceeds to historic Old Town Tustin, with its tree-lined streets and historic buildings dating back to the 1880’s. The Half Marathon then returns to the District for the finish line celebration.
The 5K continues the fun whimsical tradition enjoyed by thousands of Tustin residents who enjoy a St. Patrick Day event, jogging through the historic Hangar and wearing the green.
Participation in each race is limited to 12,000 runners - so enter early to ensure a spot in one of the races!
Event details and schedule
March 11, 2018 – REMEMBER THAT AT MIDNIGHT ON MARCH 11, 2018, CLOCKS SPRING FORWARD ONE HOUR!
DON’T FORGET TO SET YOUR ALARM CLOCK ACCORDINGLY!
THE START OF BOTH RACES
Tustin Ranch Road and Barranca Parkway
Tustin, CA 92782
RACE SCHEDULE AND TIMES
MARCH 11th, 2018
5:30 am to 6:30 am
Registration (ends at 6:30am)
Introduction of Sponsor, Guests, Singing of National Anthem and salute to our flag
Half Marathon Starts
5K Run/Walk Starts
Half Marathon Awards
10:30 am to Noon
Expo/Faire at the Legacy at the District http://thedistricttl.com/
The Legacy at the District http://thedistricttl.com/
Tustin Ranch Road and Barranca Parkway (See Race Route Maps)
Tustin, CA 92782
EVENT ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
There is no age minimum for participation in the Tustin Hangar Half and 5K. However, the following are not allowed:
- NO Bicycles
- NO Roller Skates
- NO In-line Skates
- NO Skateboards
- NO Dogs
- NO Baby Joggers/Strollers
- Wheel Chairs are OK – if a handicapped racer needs special accommodations of any kind, please let the Race Staff know in advance so that we can make the appropriate arrangements for you!
- The 2018 Tustin Hangar Half Marathon has a maximum net race day finish time of four hours and 30 minutes (4:30:59 from the time the last runner crosses the start line).
- The Half Marathon course will reopen for public use on a rolling schedule based on this time limit. Participants that fall behind this pace will be directed to the sidewalk and allowed to finish the race, but will not be guaranteed a finishing time.
- The sale and/or transfer of race entries/bib numbers is strictly prohibited.
- All registration fees and ancillary purchases are nonrefundable.
- All participants are required to show a government-issued photo ID upon picking up their own participant packet (bib number and timing device) at the Expo (March 9-10, 2018) during the scheduled hours of operation of the Expo (no exceptions will be made).
Participants will compete in the following male and female age divisions for the Half Marathon and 5K:
The top 3 finishers in each age division will receive a commemorative award. All finishers will receive a commemorative medal.
Tustin Chamber of Commerce