Saddle up, boys and girls!! Sunrise at Old Tucson is a 4-mile cross country trail run on the grounds of historic Old Tucson Studios, site of some of the greatest cowboy movies ever made.
Run on the dusty cowboy streets, desert trails, and horse paths of the Sonoran Desert - amazing scenery, great views, and a one-of-a-kind experience.
Make a day of it and enjoy Tucson's finest tourist attractions. All entrants receive the following:
* free cowboy breakfast of eggs, torilla, chips, salsa, juice, iced tea, coffee
* awesome t-shirt
* free pass into Old Tucson Studios, for a day of saloon dance halls, cowboy gunfights, haunted mines, train rides, merry-go-rounds, and more
* free entrance to the International Wildlife Museum
* free entrance (with one paid adult) to the world-famous Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum
- Women's Four-Miler starts at 8:00 am
- Men's Four-Miler starts at 9:00 am
- One Mile Walk/Fun Run starts at 9:00 am -- capped at 200 participants
- Awards and Free Lil' Pardner's Fun Run starts at about 9:30 -- no cap, fun 100-yard dash around the High Chaparral and Bitter Creek sets
Sunrise at Old Tucson is part of the 2016 Southern Arizona Roadrunners "Running Shop Grand Prix." Women must race in the women's race and men must race in the men's race for their results to count in the 2016 Grand Prix.
Why Old Tucson Studios? Because it is simply the coolest place around! Passing through the gates of an old frontier town, visitors are transported back to a time when fearless men with six shooters ruled the Old West. Dash down the streets of Hollywood’s most famous films and walk in the footsteps of movie legends like John Wayne, Clint Eastwood, Sharon Stone, and hundreds more. In addition to its historic role as film location, Old Tucson includes a full array of live shows, thrilling stunts, Old West dramas, saloon musicals, educational sets, and horseback trail rides—fun for the whole family.
Event details and schedule
Check out www.azroadrunners.org for more details.
Southern Arizona Roadrunners