Sprint Distance: .5MS/12.4MB/3.1MB
Bass River State Forest is located only an hour from Philadelphia and one hour and a half from the Verrazano Bridge in NYC. The swim is in the calm and clear waters of Absegami Lake with the start on a well maintained and clean beach area. It will probably be one of your most enjoyable swims. The water temperature has always been in the upper sixties for either the spring or the fall event. We strongly recommend you wear a wetsuit. The bike course is primarily right turns on country roads with wide shoulders. The mile run course is a fast flat run with lots of shade and on the roads and paths of the campground area of the Bass River State Park. You will enjoy every segment and finish to a crowd of spectators who can hang out around the picnic tables and playground near the transition area.
Event details and schedule
Olympic Distance - Starts at 8.30 am
- 6:30 am- 8:15 am Packet Pickup.
- 6:30 am Transition Area Opens - Handlebar inspection begins.
- 7:30 am Swim warm-up begins ON THE LEFT SIDE OF THE LAKE
- 8:15 am PARKING LOT HAS ONLY 220 SPOTS AFTER THAT A $20 FEE APPLIES
- 8:30 am Swim Waves Begin (3 minutes apart)
- 11:15 am Preliminary Results posted
- 11:45 am Awards Ceremony
Sprint Distance - Starts at 9.00 AM
- 6.30 am -8:15 Packet Pickup
- 6:30 am Transition Area Opens - Handlebars Inspection starts.
- 8:15 am PARKING LOT HAS ONLY 220 SPOTS AFTER THAT A $20 FEE WILL BE CHARGED TO PARK IN A CAMPSITE.
- 8:15 am Transition Area Closes
- 9:30 am Sprint Race starts
- 11: 15 am Official Penalty List Posted
- 11:45 am SPRINT Awards Ceremony
Du City Tri Runs, Inc.