The run is one mile along Truckee's Fourth of July parade route on Donner Pass Rd. from the US Bank building to the Train Depot. Runners are cheered on by thousands of parade spectators.
There are 3 "waves."
The Elite Wave is for all serious runners who want an accurate time. This wave is capped at 100 runners.
Fun Wave 1 is for all runners who want to run for fun.
Fun Wave 2 is for families with strollers, day of entrants, and anyone else who wants to run in the last wave!
Event details and schedule
- Check-in takes place in the parking lot across the street from US Bank (10995 Donner Pass Rd, Truckee, CA).
- Anyone 18 & under needs to have a waiver signed by a parent to participate. The waiver can be downloaded and printed here.
- Please arrive no later than 9:15 to pick up your bibs. Truckee is very busy on race morning, so allow time to find parking and walking to check-in/registration.
- Please note: roads around the check-in station are closed off to thru traffic by 8:30 am!
- The Elite Wave will start at 9:40; Fun Wave 1 will start about 5 minutes later at 9:45 and Fun Wave 2 (including "day-of" entries) will start at 9:55 am. The Elite wave is for all competitive runners who want an accurate time. The fun wave will be timed, but we can only guarantee the time to the nearest 30 seconds. We will do our best. The fun wave 2 is for families with strollers.
- Firecracker Mile water bottles and water will be available at the end of the course for all participants.
Auburn Ski Club