This workshop includes: (NOTE: adjustments to be made due to COVID)
- Overview of the ADP framework for AAC devices (writing aids and face to face communication)
- Information about assessment and device selection
- Review of eligibility criteria for ADP funded writing and communication aids
- How to make an authorization with ADP funding
- Case study discussion
- Technology hands on
- Lunch included (not this time)
Individual Authorizer (IA) Workshop for Communication Aids For Speech Language Pathologists and Occupational Therapists Workshops are offered several times per year at various locations around the province.
To obtain your Individual Authorizer (IA) status from the Assistive Devices Program (ADP) you must:
1) complete the online home study guide before attending the workshop
2) attend a hands on workshop and complete a final test.
Both steps are mandatory to obtain your IA status as an OT or SLP.
The final test can be completed on-line after you have attended the hands on workshop. Register for the IA online Home Study Guide separately.
No refunds or cancellation less than 2 weeks before the workshop. A $10 cancellation fee will apply.
Virtual and at CEP