2020 Strollin' for the Colon 5K Run/WalkJuly 11, 2020 MacLennan Park Trail 6th Ave & Governors Lake Rd Topeka, KS 66606 View Map Organized by Kansas Medical Clinic
Save on this event with ACTIVE Advantage
Your Advantage member discount automatically applies at checkout
MacLennan Park Trail6th Ave & Governors Lake Rd Topeka, KS 66606
Due to the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and guidelines now in place for the State of Kansas and Shawnee County, the 2020 Strollin' for the Colon 5K Run/Walk will be postponed.
The Strollin' for the Colon 5K Run/Walk's original date was March 28, 2020. We are still determining the best date in coordination with our sponsors (July 11th is NOT the actual event date). Thank you for your understanding during this unexpected change. We care about the health and safety of our participants, volunteers, and the Topeka community. We will continue to update you as plans are made for a new race date and your options for participation.
If you have any questions please email Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
KMC Strollin' for the Colon 5K Run/Walk aims to raise awareness about colorectal cancer and the importance of colon cancer screenings. This will be a unique race - runners will begin and finish the race through our GIANT SUPER INFLATABLE COLON - an inflatable colon tunnel, 10 feet tall, 13 feet wide, and 20 feet long.
Adults who are participating in this event with a child under the age of 10 are signing the waiver on behalf of themselves and the child under the age of 10 participating with them, and will be considered as one registration, not two. Any participant under the age of 18 must have a parent or legal guardian register and sign a waiver for them for the event they are participating in. The parent or guardian is also strongly encouraged to register them self and participate with the under age participant in the event they are participating in.
Registered participants will receive a 2020 event shirt. 2019 event shirts will be available to purchase for a minimum $5 suggested donation the day of the event (cash or check only - limited sizes available).
The MacLennan Park Trails are located in northwest Topeka along the hills overlooking the Kansas River. Trails are natural surface. Trailhead access and parking lots may be found on the south side of the park on 6th Street west of Fairlawn Road.
Event details and schedule
When: EVENT POSTPONED - DATE TBD
Where: MacLennan Park Trail - 6th Ave & Governors Lake Rd, Topeka, KS 66606
Cost: $20 per registrant
Colon cancer survivors receive FREE registration*
*Contact Taylor at email@example.com or 785-295-0917 for details. Survivors MUST register to participate.
Hello participants! Our second annual KMC Strollin’ for the Colon 5K event is POSTPONED - DATE TBD. The event starts at 8:30 am, last minute packet pickup or registration begins at 7:45 am. Below is important information regarding the event.
- Address: Event will take place at the MacLennan Park Trail, at 6th Ave and Governors Lake Road. Google maps link is here: https://tinyurl.com/y66ahf2p
- Parking: Please be advised! The parking lots are about a 10-minute walk from the starting location. There will be three areas for parking just west of the starting area. Parking lots are available at Cassidy Orthodontics, 600 SW Governor View, Topeka, KS 66606, a cul-de-sac just east of Cassidy Orthodontics on 6th Ave on the north side of the street, and parallel parking available on both sides of Governors Lake Road leading up to the starting location. We will have signs indicating these three parking areas.
- Packet pick up: On DATE TBD, the packet pick up will take place from 11:00 am – 6:00 pm at the KMC Gastroenterology office at 2200 SW 6th Ave, Topeka, KS 66606. No need to bring confirmation of your registration, we will have your information. Please wear your event t-shirt and race bib the day of the race. *If you have not signed your waiver yet when you registered, we will need you to do this at packet pick up.
- Volunteers: If you need any help the day of the event our volunteers will be available. They’ll be wearing our event t-shirt along with a designated badge.
- Questions: Any event questions can be directly answered during business hours by contacting the KMC marketing staff at 785-295-0917.
- Inclement weather policy: KMC Strollin’ for the Colon 5K is a rain or shine event. In case of lightning or severe weather, the event will either be delayed until the weather clears or canceled. In the case of inclement weather, there will be no refunds of entry fees. Keep in mind, all of the proceeds of the event go to benefit the American Cancer Society of Kansas.
7:45 am - Last minute packet pick up
8:30 am - 5K Run/Walk begins
All participants and volunteers will receive a swag bag.