1st ever event- KMC Strollin' for the Colon 5K Run/Walk aims to raise awareness about colorectal cancer and the importance of colon cancer screenings. This will be a unique race - runners will begin and finish the race through our GIANT SUPER INFLATABLE COLON- an inflatable colon tunnel, 10 feet tall, 13 feet wide, and 20 feet long.
The MacLennan Park Trails are located in northwest Topeka along the hills overlooking the Kansas River. Trails are natural surface. Trailhead access and parking lots may be found on the south side of the park on 6th Street west of Fairlawn Road
Event details and schedule
When: Saturday, April 6, 2019
Where: Cedar Crest, Governor's Mansion
1 SW Cedar Crest, Rd, Topeka, KS 66606
Cost: $20 per registrant
Colon cancer survivors receive FREE registration*
*Contact Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org or 785-295-0917 for details. Survivors MUST register to participate.
Event details and schedule
Hello participants! Our first ever KMC Strollin’ for the Colon 5K event is THIS SATURDAY, April 6th. The event starts at 8:30 am, last minute packet pickup or registration begins at 7:45 am. Below is important information regarding the event.
- Address: Event will take place at the MacLennan Park Trail, at 6th Ave and Governors Lake road. Google maps link is here: https://tinyurl.com/y66ahf2p
- Parking: Please be advised! The parking lots are about a 10-minute walk from the starting location. There will be three areas for parking just west of the starting area. Parking lots are available at Cassidy Orthodontics, 600 SW Governor View, Topeka KS 66606, a cul-de-sac just west of Cassidy Orthodontics on 6th Ave on the north side of the street, and parallel parking available on both sides of Governors Lake road leading up to the starting location. We will have signs indicating these three parking areas.
- Packet pick up: On FRIDAY, April 5th, the packet pick up will take place from 11:00 am – 6:00 pm at the KMC Gastroenterology office at 2200 SW 6th Ave, Topeka KS 66606. No need to bring confirmation of your registration, we will have your information. Please wear your event t-shirt and race bib the day of the race. *If you have not signed your waiver yet when you registered, we will need you to do this at packet pick up.
- Volunteers: If you need any help the day of the event our volunteers will be available. They’ll be wearing our event t-shirt along with a designated badge.
- Questions: Any event questions can be directly answered during business hours by contacting the KMC marketing staff at 785-295-0917.
- Inclement weather policy: KMC Strollin’ for the Colon 5K is a rain or shine event. In case of lightning or severe weather, the event will either be delayed until the weather clears or canceled. In the case of inclement weather, there will be no refunds of entry fees. Keep in mind, all of the proceeds of the event go to benefit the American Cancer Society of Kansas.
7:45 am - Last minute packet pickup
8:30 am - 5K Run/Walk begins
All participants and volunteers will receive a swag bag.
Kansas Medical Clinic