Enjoy eastern Washington’s Tieton region for a spectacular new bicycle event on low-traffic, scenic roadways that beg to be discovered on two wheels! Participants can enjoy two wonderful routes through quiet, lush fruit orchards, offering great support with well stocked and locally sourced rest stops.
At the spectacular finish line we offer riders complimentary locally crafted beer or cider and a chance to enjoy all that Mighty Tieton has to offer in a casual, fun, festival style setting. You will get to enjoy art exhibits at the Mighty Tieton Warehouse, and experience the astonishing Trimpin Sound Space in full glory. We can promise a delightful experience that's more than you can imagine.
Must register by June 25 to receive a complimentary Tour de Tieton event T-shirt! Online advance registration closes Thursday July 5, at midnight.
A portion of the proceeds will go to Tieton Arts & Humanities to support local programming and events, including the Day of the Dead celebration, Tieton Mosaic Project, LiTFUSE, Art in the Park, and other great programs for the entire region.Camping options Tour de Tieton starts early Saturday morning, and for all of our westside and out-of-town friends wondering about lodging, here are some camping options. There is one US Forest Service campground in the area. It’s Windy Point, down on the Tieton River. Here is a link to their reservation site. It’s about 15 miles from Tieton. It’s a popular spot so reserve as soon as possible. Chances are, the Windy Point will fill up fast, so we’re creating some options right in Tieton, close to the Mighty Tieton Warehouse and starting line. And what else? A greeting party the night before for all the riders and their friends.
- We have 15 spots in the Paper Hammer Garden, where we will have a Porta Potty and a hand washing station. The surface is lush grass. Very comfortable. It’s two blocks from the Warehouse, across the street from the Park, and just behind 617, our wine, beer, and tapas bar.
- We also 15 spots on the Maple Street lot. The surface is mowed weeds and grass. There is a simple but functional toilet and sink available in an adjoining building. It’s one block from the Warehouse and the park.
- Don’t have a tent? Just want shelter? Here’s an option for the more communally minded. We’re hosting a slumber party in the Mighty Tieton Warehouse! The Barn Room can hold dozens of cots, mats, and pads. We’ll even roll out Janice Arnold’s Monster Felt, the world’s largest piece of felt, which was actually made in the Barn Room! Bring a sleeping bag, your favorite pillow, and something to soften your sleep. Earplugs and eyeshades are recommended. We’ll have a Porta Potty and hand washing station. We’ll wake you up with hot coffee and pastries from Santo’s Panaderia, and you’ll be right at the start line.
- Lodging options are $15 per head for each of the sites.
Event details and schedule
Friday, July 6, 2018
- Check in at the Mighty Tieton Warehouse. Doors open at 5PM. Pick your spot for the night if you reserved in the Garden, the Maple Street Lot, or the Warehouse.
- Wander around Tieton, grab something to eat at Don Mateo Salvadoran Restaurant, Fernando’s Mexican Restaurant, grab supplies at Santo’s Panaderia, or have a beer or wine at 617 on Tieton Square.
- From 6 until 10PM, we will welcome everyone for a party to meet and greet your fellow riders. Beer, wine, and soft drinks will be available for sale to benefit Tieton Arts & Humanities. Spaghetti will be available to benefit the Highland Food Bank.
- At 10PM, time for bed.
Day of event schedule
- Packet pick-up & day of event registration 6:30 - 9AM.
- 50 mile route open from 7:30 – 8:15AM. All Riders must be on course by 8:15AM in oder to make the rest stop cut-off times.
- 25 mile route will be open from 8:30 – 9:15AM. All riders must be on course by 9:15AM in order to make the rest stop cut-off times.
- 50 Mile route (open from 7:30AM – 12:30PM) Riders will enjoy 2,200 feet of elevation of mostly rolling hills, orchards and scenic vistas, plus two awesome rest stops at mile 19 and 39.
- 25 Mile route (open from 8:30AM - 12PM) A wonderful route for any rider in your group with about 900 feet of climbing. Only one major hill, and one rest stop at mile 11; totally doable by anyone with at least ten speeds on their bike!
Two fun rest stops will be open for riders featuring an assortment of quality food and drink designed to give riders energy and keep you moving! Each rest stop will have water, Sanicans and first aid kits.
- Main Rest stop open 8:00 – 11:00AM at Mile 19 (50 mile route) and Mile 11.5 (25 Mile route).
- Second Rest stop at Mile 39 for 50 mile route only; open 9:30 - 11:30AM.
Finish Line Festival
Finish Line Party open from 10:30AM - 2PM at the amazing Mighty Tieton Warehouse, featuring recorded music, art exhibits, and a complimentary glass of local beer, cider or soft drink, plus awesome food (available for purchase) served by local establishments. In conjunction with the event there will be an art show in the Tieton gallery, and the Trimpin Sound Space will be open; plus enjoy video from the opening day of our “little sister” event- le Tour de France STAGE 1 inside the warehouse!
Mighty Tieton Events