Now in it's eigth year, the River-N-Rapids Half Marathon, 10k & 5k has grown into one of our most popular events--with trails to challenge you and one of the most scenic courses in the state.
Opened in 1938, Hillsborough River State Park is one of Florida's first state parks; this original Civilian Conservation Corps park is divided by the swiftly flowing Hillsborough River with a set of Class II rapids.
The 2019 River-N-Rapids Half Marathon and 10k will have participants running along the high banks of the river above the rapids, through a variety of habitats, past some huge oak trees, over the historic CCC suspension bridge and then onto the park's Rapids Trail. The River-N-Rapids 5k will take participants across the river, across the suspension bridge and then onto the park's Rapids Trail--scenic incentive to get your body moving!
- Custom Race Shirt (guaranteed for pre-registration only)
- Post-Race snacks and drinks
- Award for all Finishers in all distances
Awards in All Distances:
- Custom medal for all Finishers
- First Place Male and Female Overall
- Custom Award for First through Third in each 5-year Age Group
Park Entrance Fees:
- Regular Park Entrance Fees Now Included in your entries!
- Please bring a copy of your confirmation email to enter the park.
- Main event parking will be in Parking Lot #3
- Overflow parking as directed by HRSP staff/volunteers
- Parking is limited, so please carpool with other participants if practical
HILLSBOROUGH RIVER STATE PARK
We encourage you to make a day or a weekend out of racing at Hillsborough River State Park. With a number of picnic areas, pavilions, several playgrounds, the Spirit of the Woods Pool Side Cafe and Gift Shop, an ADA-accessible half-acre swimming pool and canoe and bicycle rentals, the park is a great place to bring the entire family!
Camping at Hillsborough River State Park
Hillsborough River offers RV and tent camping with electric on most of the campsites in this 112 site campground. Each site is equipped with water, a fire ring and picnic table. Each loop has restrooms with hot showers and laundry facilities.
Reservations may be made up to 11 months in advance through ReserveAmerica. http://floridastateparks.reserveamerica.com
- Event takes place rain or shine.
- No entry fee refunds.
Event details and schedule
Friday, April 5
Overnight Camping Available
Saturday, April 6
6:30am--Park Opens/Check-in/Day-of Registrations (if not sold out)
8:00am--Start of the Half Marathon
8:15am--Start of the 10k
8:30am--Start of the 5k
AWARDS will be handed out as they are computed by our timers. There will be no official awards ceremony.
Endeavor Racing, LLC