Save on this event with ACTIVE Advantage
Your Advantage member discount automatically applies at checkout
Trout Creek Park12550 Morris Bridge Road Thonotosassa, FL 33592
A Great Half-Day Clinic For:
- adventure racers
- mountain bikers
- trail runners
- or anyone who just wants to have a better sense of where they are or where they are going in the woods.
What You Will Learn:
- map reading/terrain recognition
- compass use
- navigating on and off trail
What To Expect:
- outdoor "classroom" time working with maps
- several practical navigation exercises in the field
- a final field navigation "evolution"
- being out in the field (away from your vehicles) for up to three hours
- Kip Koelsch was a past second place finisher at the US Rogaine Championships (24-hour navigation race) and the Florida State Orienteering Championships, Kip has taught land navigation to hundreds of people over the last 10 years. A two-time winner of the Florida Coast to Coast Adventure Race, Kip has navigated in places as diverse as the Canadian Yukon, Newfoundland, North Georgia, Tennessee, California, Maine, the British Virgin Islands and Borneo.
Event details and schedule
8am-Noon (or so)
**Be sure to bring snacks and fluids adequate for the time frame involved**