Save on this event with ACTIVE Advantage
Your Advantage member discount automatically applies at checkout
Northshore Park2505 Lake Woodlands Drive The Woodlands, TX 77381
The 17th annual Woodforest Bank TRI - The Woodlands will take place Saturday, April 4, 2020, at Northshore Park from 7 to 11:30 a.m. As one of the premier multi-sport events in the region, the Woodforest Bank TRI offers a beginner-friendly atmosphere, first-rate race management and scenic courses.
The sprint distance triathlon provides participants with a variety of opportunities to prepare for Race Day, making it an ideal first time race for those just being introduced to the sport. The event culminates with a festive awards party featuring music, great food and beverages.
The Woodforest Bank TRI is a USA Triathlon (USAT) sanctioned event, and served as the Texas State Triathlon Championship in 2017. The race earned a Top 10 spot in the USAT South Midwest Region for Sprint Distance Triathlons in 2004, and was designated as the USAT South Midwest Region Sprint State Championships for 2007.
- Woodforest Bank TRI is open to both beginners and experienced triathletes.
- The minimum age to participate is 13 years. Race age is determined by one's age on December 31 of the race year.
- Due to road opening times, course times limits are strictly enforced. View Athlete Information for details.
- The Qualified/Open Category is recommended for highly competitive and experienced athletes.
- The Individual/Age Group Category is the standard registration category for participants wanting to race in their age group (corresponding to the athlete's age as of December 31, 2020).
- The Clydesdale Category is available for men only weighing a minimum of 220 pounds. (If an athlete chooses to race in this division, they must begin the race in the Clydesdale wave (not age group) or will be disqualified.
- The Athena Category is available for women only weighing a minimum of 165 pounds. If an athlete chooses to race in this division, they must begin the race in the Athena wave (not age group) or will be disqualified.
- The race will be capped to ensure safety and a positive race experience for all.
Event details and schedule
Race Day Schedule (Times subject to change):
5 a.m. - Transition Opens (Bike Check-In, Body Marking, Bag Drop)
6:45 a.m. - Transition Closes
7 a.m. - First Wave Out
8 a.m. - Post-Race Celebration Begins
8:30 a.m. - Swim Course Closes (Athletes must be out of water by this time.)
9:20 a.m. - Bike Course Closes (Athletes must be leaving T2 by this time, or they will be unable to start the Run Course.)
9:30 a.m. - Awards Ceremony
10:15 a.m. - Run Course Closes
10:30 a.m. - Transition Opens
11:30 a.m. - Post-Race Celebration Ends
View Packet Pickup Information online.
Course Maps and Participant Parking Map will be posted online once available.
50 percent of your entry fee will be refunded until February 14, 2020. No refunds will be issued after this deadline.
Refunds will not include USAT membership or 1 day fee, or Active.com processing fee.
Refunds can take up to 3 weeks for processing. Please email the department to request a refund.
Entry fees are not transferable between years. NO EXCEPTIONS will be made to this policy. Transfers must be completed by March 16, 2020 by logging into your Active website account and selecting "my events". If you need assistance with transfers, please email the department.
We have a "no refund policy" in regards to weather cancellations of any kind as well as changes to the race after registration. Unforeseen changes can occur at any time no matter how finalized anything seems to be. Any changes made to the race are done after careful consideration, usually due to safety concerns that arise after the race has been planned. We do everything we can to create a better, safer, more enjoyable experience for all participants.
Purchase Event Protection
Booking Protect is offered through ACTIVE Network and provides insurance to participants so they can get their entry fees back if they can’t participate in running events for covered reasons. The product, called Booking Protect, is located in the registration path on Active and can be purchased on the Check-Out page. All claims and refunds will go through Booking Protect.
For registration questions or issues please reach out to Active Consumer Support. Call: 877-228-4881 ext. 4 or Email: email@example.com