It's a bird...it's a plane...it's Superheroes running in support of children!
The 9th Annual CASA Superhero Run features:
- 5K Trail Run/Walk
- 1 Mile Fun Run/Walk
- Participate dressed as your favorite Superhero!
- High demand, flat, natural terrain course
- Only run in Montgomery County with courses through the beautiful W.G. Jones State Forest
- Hero Headquarters, which hosts sponsor tents, food and beverages, as well as plenty of engaging activities for children
- Fun for the whole familiy!
CASA Child Advocates of Montgomery County provides and promotes court-appointed volunteer advocacy so that every abused and neglected child can have the opportunity to thrive in a safe, nurturing and permanent home. Now is the time to get involved and support a better future for these children.
Whether you are a competitive runner, a casual walker, or just love the idea of supporting a wonderful cause, participating in the CASA Superhero Run allows you to show your support for abused and neglected children in Montgomery County.
NEW FOR 2018! Become a SUPERHERO by raising funds in support of CASA!
- In Montgomery County, it costs $1,500 to provide an Advocate for one child for one year.
- Currently, more than 9 children enter foster care in Montgomery County EACH WEEK.
- If every participant raised just $25, we would reach our goal of $10,000 which would provide almost 7 abused or neglected children with Advocates this year.
Unable to participate in the Superhero Run this year? You can still support the children CASA volunteers serve by hosting your own fundraiser on Crowdrise. It's easy!
- Just follow this link: http://bit.ly/CASASuperheroFundraiser_Crowdrise.
- Click on the grey button on the right labeled "Set Up Your Fundraiser".
All fundraisers will be eligible to earn the prizes below. Thank you for your SUPERHERO fundraising efforts in support of children in foster care!
- All participants raising $100 or more will receive a navy, long sleeve, tech shirt.
- Participants raising $250 or more will receive a comfy and luxurious fleece headband.
- Participants raising $500 or more will receive a set of exclusive, one-of-a-kind, automobile sunshades!
- All participants raising $500 or more will be entered into a drawing for an AMAZING prize package!
- Award certificates will be presented to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd individual fundraisers and team fundraisers.
Every child needs a hero. Abused children need SUPERHEROES!
Event details and schedule
ENTRY FEES & REGISTRATION
5K TRAIL RUN (Includes Chip Timing) * 8:30 am
- Early Registration by midnight, September 9: Adults/Children - $30
- After September 9 - midnight, November 7: Adults/Children - $35
- Registrations from November 8 through Race Day (on-site registration only): Adults/Children - $40
1 MILE FUN RUN (Not Timed) * 8:15 am
- Early Registration by midnight, September 9: Adults/Children - $20
- After September 9 - midnight, November 7: Adults/Children - $25
- Registrations from November 8 through Race Day (on-site registration only): Adults/Children - $30
1. Register Online through Active.com
2. Day of Race Registration: Between 7:00 and 7:45 a.m.
* Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
* FOR RUNNERS' SAFETY, PETS AND STROLLERS ARE NOT ALLOWED ON ANY RACE COURSE. No pets allowed on The Woodlands Christian Academy Campus. Please, leave your pets at home on race day.
* Entry fees are non-refundable.
T-SHIRTS & AWARDS
All entries received by October 5th are guaranteed a t-shirt on race day. Pre-registration applies only for entries received online by midnight on October 5, 2018. For registration forms received after October 5th, t-shirts will be available on a first come, first serve basis while supplies last.
Awards ceremony will be held near the finish line after each run is concluded. Awards will be presented to 1st, 2nd and 3rd place, male and female, by age category, for the 5K. Overall and Masters awards for the 5K as well. Participation medals will be awarded to all Fun Run finishers.
COURSE MAPS WILL BE AVAILABLE ON OUR WEBSITE: http://casaspeaks4kids.com/newsandevents/superherorun/
The 5K begins on the campus of The Woodlands Christian Academy, enters W.G. Jones State Forest, follows the designated race course through the forest, and ends back at The Woodlands Christian Academy Campus. Please note, the 5K is a TRAIL RUN through the forest. While there may be some parts of the course that are paved, the majority of the course is NOT PAVED and may present uneven surfaces, water puddles, leaves, rocks, and debris, and other potential hazards. This is a course for Superheroes! There are water stops out on the course and first aid station, breakfast, fresh fruit, water and drinks at the end of the race.
1 Mile Fun Run – Follows the designated race course at The Woodlands Christian Academy. There is a first aid station, breakfast, fresh fruit, water and drinks at the end of the race.
Paved parking is available.
The CASA SuperHero 5K race utilizes computerized chip timing, which precisely records each runner’s or walker’s official time when they cross the finish line. Chip Timing will be available for those registered online by midnight on Wednesday, November 7, 2018 as well as those who register on Race Day.
PACKETS ARE AVAILABLE FOR PICK UP AT:
Fleet Feet (At Hughes Landing)( 1925 Hughes Landing Blvd., The Woodlands ) Thursday, November 8 * 12 PM – 6:30 PM Friday, November 9 * 12 PM – 6:30 PM Packets can also be picked up on Race Day from 7:00 AM – 8:10 AM at the Packet Pick-up Tent.
NEED MORE INFORMATION?
All net proceeds benefit CASA Child Advocates of Montgomery County.
The mission of CASA Child Advocates of Montgomery County is to provide and promote court-appointed volunteer advocacy so that every abused and neglected child can have the opportunity to thrive in a safe, nurturing, permanent home. We recruit, train, and lead devoted community volunteers to provide a voice for the needs of children removed from their homes. We are the only organization in Montgomery county providing this network of support for our community that has a child population of 135,756. CASA Child Advocates of Montgomery County was established in January of 1992, and during that first year, we served 28 children. In 2017, 261 volunteers served 681 abused and neglected children. In the twenty-six years since we began, CASA has advocated for more than 8,000 abused and neglected children in Montgomery County.
CASA Child Advocates of Montgomery County