"5K for HEROES" is a 5K run/walk/obstacle race donating 100% of the proceeds to Camp Hometown Heroes, an organization that supports children of fallen service members. This 5k will feature 3 options:•Traditional 5k run/walk •5k including 11 overall stations led by trainers from local gyms, which will take participants through mini workouts during the 5k. •Kids 1k obstacle adventure run as well.
This is a dog friendly event so please bring the whole household out to join in the fun!
Working with Camp Hometown Heroes, it is our desire to bring HONOR and ENCOURAGEMENT to children and families of fallen service members across the nation. Camp Hometown Heroes provides 2 week-long summer camp sessions and other healing programs for children ages 7-17. Since 9/11 over 5,000 children have lost a parent who served in the military. Our goal is to support as many of these children as possible. THANK YOU for your support and contributing in this way!
Not going to be in Tempe for our 5K??
Join us in honoring fallen sevice members and show your support of their children in a city of your choosing. There is no age limit and there are no restrictions. Run, walk, in a group, with your pet, or on your own path - mark out a 5k course and go for it!
Here's what you do:
- Sign up as a 5K for Heroes Virtual (Click "REGISTER NOW" at the VERY top of the page to see the "Virtual Option" and select "Virtual 5k for Heroes".
- Receive your Official Race Shirt and medal in the mail the week before the official race. (If you sign up after March. 25th, 2017, you will receive your Official Race Shirt and medal after April 8th, 2017).
- Choose a 5K distance near you and run with us VIRTUALLY!
- Congratulate yourself on a job well done supporting the children of fallen service members!!
Please note that this is not a registration for the 5k for HEROES Race in Tempe, AZ on April 8th, 2017. The 5K for HEROS Virtual Run is an opportunity for you to still participate in honoring and supporting the children of fallen service members - and doing so in your local town or city. Thank you for your support in this way!
Event details and schedule
- 5k For HEROES Medal (Upon completion of the race)*
- Custom Commemorative Event T-Shirt or Ladies Tank Top*
- Age Group Awards for Top Three Male/Female in all Age Groups
Following the race there will be food trucks, refreshments and lots of fun for the whole family! All proceeds from the event will benefit Camp Hometown Heroes. http://www.HometownHeroes.org
Pre-registration is required and space is limited! Registration fees are non-refundable.
Event details and schedule
Packet Pick Up
Early registration and packet pick up will be at UNFAIR ADVANTAGE PERFORMANCE.
MONDAY April 3rd - THURSDAY April 6th at 11AM - 130PM, 330PM - 7PM
FRIDAY April 7th at 330PM - 7PM
2140 E. 5th St. #8, Tempe, AZ 85281
*THERE WILL BE NO PACKET PICK UP ON RACE DAY*
RACE DAY - April 8th
7:00 AM - 5K Run Start
7:15 AM - 5K Obstacle Run Start
8:30 AM - Awards Ceremony/Raffle Prizes
8:45 AM - Kids (12 & under) Adventure 1K check-in
9:00 AM - Kids 1K Adventure Run Start
5K For Heroes