The Lilac Festival 5K Run is Taos's only run through the historic downtown. T-shirts are included with registration. The 1 Mile Family Run is an affordable way to get the whole family out and moving! Prizes are awarded to the top three overall females and males in each race, and every kid that runs the 1 Mile Family Run gets a prize! The races end in Kit Carson Park with just enough time to participate or watch the Festival's Pet Parade or hitch a ride on Tio Vivo! Taos Sports Alliance is bringing you some fun lively activity in the lilac adorned downtown area, we can't wait to host you!
Event details and schedule
All levels of runners welcome!
What: The Taos Lilac Festival was established to celebrate our heritage of Lilacs and to promote their care and planting throughout the Taos area, featuring a 5k run/walk that tours through the Historic neighborhoods of downtown Taos, surrounded by Spring flowers and mountain views.
- 5k Run & 1 Mile Run/Walk
- Top 3 overall female and male runners win a custom ceramic, locally made prize
- 5K registrants receive an event t-shirt
- Every 1 Mile Family Run kid gets a prize!
When: Saturday, May 21, 2016
- 5k run begins at 9:00am
- 1 Mile Family Run begins at 9:30am
- Check out other events during the weekend-long Taos Lilac Festival, www.taoslilacfestival.com
- The 5K run begins in the parking lot of Our Lady of Guadalupe's Gymnasium on Don Fernando Street.
- Both runs finish in Kit Carson Park
- Free parking will be available in the Town of Taos public lot located east of the church and in the TCA parking lot next to Kit Carson Park
- 5k begins at the church gymnasium behind the Plaza on Don Fernando Street and ends at Kit Carson Park. See the course on mapmyrun.
- 1 Mile Family Run inside Kit Carson Park.
Taos Sports Alliance