Outdoor speed skating event for ALL AGES! $30 per skater. Online registration will open soon. LARGE OUTDOOR facility to allow plenty of social distancing. Extra Health and Safety procedures will also be in place. Watch for more details.
Event will run 9:15 am and end at 5:00 pm
Event details and schedule
Skate More COVID-19 Procedures & Protocols
Skate More will require the following steps be taken by each participant and spectator while attending an event during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- All registration will be online via Active.com. We expect to have this platform available by August 20, 2020.
- Once a registration is received a race number will be assigned and placed in a sealed ziplock bag with a participation wrist band. These sealed bags will be attached to the fence and clearly marked with participants name. Registered participants will pick up their race number and wrist band from the fence so we can ensure contactless pickup. Please LOOK for your name and do not touch other bags.
- When setting out your chairs and tents PLEASE leave a min of 6ft between you and another group.
- PLEASE keep your group under your tent until time for a skater to report to the line.
- ONLY the skater racing in the current race will be allowed at the start line.
- We understand that racing is a strenuous sport and contact happens at times. If you are not comfortable with this PLEASE join us at a later time when you are more comfortable.
- We will not REQUIRE face coverings but we welcome you to SAFELY wear one during your race if you feel you are able to do so.
- When using the on site restrooms YOU MUST use the cleaning products provided and wipe all handles and contact surfaces after your use. ADULTS should accompany younger children to ensure this process is completed and younger children are not using cleaning products that are not designed for their use.
- The officials tent will be marked off with a space of 6ft. Non officials will NOT be permitted under the tent. Should you have a question or concern PLEASE stand behind the 6ft line and get the attention of an official.
- Race results will be posted on the fence line as soon as they are available. PLEASE give each other space as you look at results. The will also be posted on our FB page for those wishing to remain under their tents.
- LISTEN for announcements. Groups will be called three times. We will not hold a race so PLEASE LISTEN for your groups announcements.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be stationed at the starting lines and various places throughout the venue.
- Award ceremonies will look a little different - we will space out the 1st, 2nd and 3rd podiums. We ask that only the family of the skaters in the podium come forward to take pictures. PLEASE remember to be aware of the spacing between you and others. Awards will be placed on the podium and then names will be called. This will ensure contactless delivery of awards.
IF YOU OR ANYONE YOU HAVE HAD CLOSE CONTACT WITH HAVE ANY OF THESE SYMPTOMS PLEASE STAY HOME.
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
Wash your hands often
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- It’s especially important to wash:
- Before eating or preparing food
- Before touching your face
- After using the restroom
- After leaving a public place
- After blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing
- After handling your cloth face covering
- After changing a diaper
- After caring for someone sick
- After touching animals or pets
- If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.