This activity has been cancelled.
Sunday Morning Stroll Walking Club The overall purpose of this program is to develop and enhance a healthy lifestyle by engaging in walking, breathing, stretching and various physical movements in an outdoor setting. Whether you want to lose weight, increase your activity, lower your stress or just enjoy time outside join us for weekly wellness walks in Sligo Creek Park. These low-intensity walks will include a variety of activities such as: * Focusing on breath and the senses while walking in silence * Time to reflect on your wellness goals and practical steps you can take * Short tips to enhance everyday wellness * Light stretching to wake our bodies and prepare for the walk * Building social connections and support for wellness
Masks will be required. There will be no restrooms available on site, children will be allowed to return home if they need to use the facilities. The wellness walk will begin at the corner of Maple Avenue and Sligo Creek Parkway. The walk will take place on paved paths only. Walkers should bring a water bottle with them. Instructor: Peter Lane
Online Notes for ActiveNet:
No class on: November 28, 2021
- Check in and provide their name at the start of the program.
- Wear a mask unless they can physically distance (a minimum of 6 feet) from other participants.
- Disinfect their hands prior to entering the program and after touching shared items.
- Remain 6 feet apart from all other participants outside of family members.
- Not congregate before or after the program in areas such as parking lots, fields, playgrounds etc.
- Inform Takoma Park Recreation Department immediately if they become sick or have contact with a person who has a diagnosis of COVID-19.
Things to bring with you:
Activity Other Category