Southington's hometown race! Our 38th year! Choose from four events: 5 mile race, 5 K race, 2 mile walk, a whole bunch of Little Fritter Fun Runs. A terrific, 'feel good' atmosphere that's guaranteed to boost your spirits! We encourage folks to stay after the race and enjoy the town's Apple Harvest Festival. There's something for everyone!
Event details and schedule
YOU GOT QUESTIONS? WE HAVE ANSWERS!
What time does the race start and finish?
- The 5 Mile Race begins at 8:30 a.m.
- The 5K Race begins at 8:45 a.m. at the top of Columbus Blvd.
- The 2 Mile Walk begins at 8:30 a.m. in front of the Y
- The Little Fritter Fun Runs will begin after most of our 5 Mile participants are finished, at approximately 9:45 a.m.
Where do the races begin and what’s the course?
- The 5 Mile and 5 K Races begin up top Columbus Blvd. (Right next to Geno's Grille)
- Please go to our Race Webpage to get course description. www.sccymca.org/apple
- Those unable to stay for awards will be given a phone call to pick up the award at the YMCA
Can I get copies of pictures being taken?
- John Atashian will be taking pictures for the Apple Harvest Festival including the Road Races. You can view and order pictures from his website: http://viewphotos.smugmug.com/
Are refreshments given out
- Yes for runners – thanks to our generous sponsors, there are plenty of post race refreshments.
Are YMCA facilities available?
- Race participants may use men and women’s locker rooms. Children may not go into the adults locker rooms.
- Race participants would need to bring their own locks for lockers
- There are several bathrooms within the Y facilities for use
Southington-Cheshire Community YMCAs