A 5K walk/run, 10K run, and kids 100 meter sprint to support the mission of RunFurShelter to raise funds to provide food, shelter and medical necessities for our deserving companions. RunFurShelter has partnered with the Salvation Army Golden Diners Program which feeds over 1000 senior citizens in Kane and McHenry counties in Illinois. Through this meal program a need was identified for many seniors who have difficulty feeding their pets. Proceeds from the 2015 run will be used to purchase pet food for pets of individuals in the Salvation Army’s Golden Diners Program.
Event details and schedule
Get your running shoes ready to run the
RunFurShelter 5K/10K on
Whether you are a veteran of 5K or 10Ks or are new to running,
all levels are welcome.
Race begins at Advocate Sherman Outpatient Care Center, 2000 McDonald Road, South Elgin, IL at 7:45 am.
Registration opens at 12:01 a.m. January 1st.
The first 100 online registrants will receive a premium tank top in place of the regular race day shirt.
In addition to the traditional 5K run/walk, this year we have added a 10K run.
As always, walkers are welcome.
AND, we’ve added Group Running Teams.
- 4 runners to a team
- First person to sign up your team is the team captain and will be the contact member
- Prizes will be awarded to the fastest team
- Registration for teams closes when online registration closes
- No new teams can be registered on site
As we did in 2014, we are again featuring the popular 100 meter Kids Sprint.
- Go to Active.com website to register
- $35 for 5K walk/run
- $35 for 10K run
- $20 for 5K for elementary school children
- $10 for Kids 100 meter sprint
- All registration fees include race day t-shirt
- First 100 registrations receive special tank top instead of race t-shirt
Online registration available from January 1 (12:01 a.m.) to Tuesday, May 26th, 11:59 p.m.
Day-of-Race registration costs
- $40 for 5K walk/run or 10K run, t-shirt if available
- $20 for 5K for elementary school children, t-shirt if available
- $5 for Kids 100 meter sprint – no t-shirt for day-of-race registration
Packet and bib pick up dates and times (Friday, May 29th, 4-7; Saturday, May 30th, 10:00 to 3:00). In-person registration can occur during these hours.
Why we run – to supply food and medical support for the pets of needy seniors who belong to the Golden Diners Program, in collaboration with the Salvation Army.
Don't put off registration! Be one of the first 100!
See you on May 31st!