A 5K walk/run, 10K run, and kids 100 meter sprint to support the mission of RunFurShelter to raise funds to provide food, shelter and medical necessities for our deserving companions. RunFurShelter has partnered with the Salvation Army Golden Diners Program which feeds over 1000 senior citizens in Kane and McHenry counties in Illinois. Through this meal program a need was identified for many seniors who have difficulty feeding their pets. Proceeds from the 2016 run will be used to purchase pet food for pets of individuals in the Salvation Army’s Golden Diners Program.
Event details and schedule
Get your running shoes ready to run the
RunFurShelter 5K/10K on
Whether you are a veteran of 5K or 10Ks or are new to running,
all levels are welcome.
Race begins at Advocate Sherman Outpatient Care Center, 2000 McDonald Road, South Elgin, IL at 7:45 am with the 10K run. The 5K run starts at 8:00 am.
Registration opens at 12:01 a.m. January 1st with online registration available to Tuesday, May 17th at 11:59 p.m.
The first 100 online registrants will receive a dri-fit long sleeve shirt in place of the regular race day shirt.
As always, walkers are welcome.
AND, we are again encouraging Running Teams.
- 4 runners to a team
- First person to sign up your team is the team captain and will be the contact member
- Prizes will be awarded to the fastest team
- Registration for teams closes when online registration closes
- No new teams can be registered on site
As we did in 2015, we are again featuring the popular 100 meter Kids Sprint.
- Go to Active.com website to register
- $35 for 5K walk/run
- $35 for 10K run
- $20 for 5K for elementary school children
- $5 for Kids 100 meter sprint (no t-shirt included)
- All registration fees (except for the Kids 100 meter sprint) include race day t-shirt
- First 100 registrations receive special shirt instead of race t-shirt
Day-of-Race registration costs
- $40 for 5K walk/run or 10K run, t-shirt if available
- $20 for 5K for elementary school children, t-shirt if available
- $5 for Kids 100 meter sprint – no t-shirt
Packet and bib pick up dates and times (Friday, May 20th, 3-7; Saturday, May 21st, 10-3). In-person registration can occur during these hours.
Why we run – to supply food and medical support for the pets of needy seniors who belong to the Golden Diners Program, in collaboration with the Salvation Army.
Don't put off registration! Be one of the first 100!
See you on May 22nd!