ZTrek is an annual charity bike ride offering a choice of four routes -- 25, 45, 65 or 100 (our 2017 century route had 4500+ feet of vertical climb) -- so there's a challenge for everyone. All routes wind through some of Central NJ's most beautiful countryside (our 2017 route passed through the Round Valley Reservoir Recration Area and the Sourland Mountain Preserve). The ride is fully supported by SAG, includes up to 5 fully-stocked rest stops as well as a full post-ride lunch at the finish line festival.
Event details and schedule
- $50 through 5/31/18
- $55 through 7/22/18
- $65 through 7/28/18 (including on-site registration)
- A fully supported ride on a well-marked course through beautiful NJ countryside
- SAG vehicle support
- Up to 5 rest stops along the route
- Finish line festival
- Post-ride lunch (including chocolate milk!) at the finish line festival (lunch is for registrants but your friends and family are welcome to picnic at the festival)
- A ZTrek event t-shirt (must be pre-registered by 7/22/18 to ensure availability)
- A ZTrek finisher's medal that you'll be proud to display!
- All riders are required to check in prior to the ride and sign a waiver. Check in is open from 7:00 – 8:30 AM on July 28, 2018
- This is a ride, not a race
- The roads are open to vehicular traffic; all rules of the road must be obeyed. Participants are responsible for their own safety
- Helmets are required to be worn at all times participants are on the bike. You will not be permitted to ride without a helmet.
- Participants should ride in a safe and courteous manner; please stay to the right, except when passing
- You will be riding on country roads; assume there is gravel in every turn. Be aware that some sections of roads are rough and that road surfaces vary.
- If you purchased merchandise, you must pick it up at the event
- Ample parking is available at the start/finish location (595 Weston Canal Rd, Somerset, NJ)
- By selecting your route distance during registration, you help us maintain an accurate headcount. However, you are free to choose to ride a longer/shorter route at any time, including during the ride. If you wish to change your registration to a different route before ride day, please contact us by email and we'll update your registration.
The organizers will provide Neutral Support, support & gear (SAG) vehicles. Participants who can’t make it back to the finish will be picked up, however, this is not an on demand door-door taxi service. As the ride takes place in rural areas, on-course medical assistance may take some time to arrive. Participants are highly encouraged to carry cell phones, spare tubes, and tools. Please be courteous, and aid your fellow participants as needed.
Our goal is to raise $40,000.00. These funds will be used to continue to bring needed medical care to Po River, Liberia and to feed hungry families locally through My Neighbors Pantry. We're working hard to make ZTrek an amazing event and to meet our fundraising goal -- but we can't do that without our awesome riders! Register today!
Some volunteer positions allow you to ride the course for free! Check http://www.ztrek.org/volunteer for more information on volunteering.
More information is available at http://www.ztrek.org.
Pillar of Fire