Free with registration to Oak Lake Strings!
Tuesdays 6:45 - 7:45 pmSept 19 - Dec 12, 2023(No Class Tuesday, November 21, 2023)
Clock Hours Provided: 15 hours
Instructor: Chas Arnold, Director of Oak Lake StringsObjectives: The objective of this course is to provide open discussion and experience in regards to choosing literature for string orchestras and the techniques and skills in running or participating in rehearsals.
The course String Orchestra Literature & Technique relates to the NBPTS Five Core Propositions of the Clock Hour Standards.
- Teachers are committed to students and their learning.
- Teachers know the subjects they teach and how to teach those subjects to students.
- Teachers are responsible for managing and monitoring student learning.
- Teachers think systematically about their practice and learn from experience.
- Teachers are members of learning communities.
Description: Members of this class will rehearse and perform with the Oak Lake Strings and participate in Orchestra Reading and Technique Study sessions. Participants will earn 15 clock hours. Tuition covers the cost of class registration and clock hours.
Participants must have already completed their registration for the Fall Term of Oak Lake Strings before registering for Clock Hours.
Sign Up Here: Oak Lake Strings - Fall 2023Or Call 206-526-8443
901 N 96th St. Seattle, WA 98103
Oak Lake Strings - Fall Term within 1 year of activity start