Join us as we return to where it all began -Run FORE Cancer at the beautiful Silverado Golf Course. Who do you run FORE? This run benefits St. Josephs Hospital and Medical Center. In the past seven years of the event we are excited to have donated over $321,000 to support the amazing works done by this hospital. Help us break last year's donation level of over $30,000! This event is limited to 600 participants.
About the event
We will again take to the cart paths of the beautiful Silverado Golf Club, starting and ending at the Club House. This event will feature two distances - run the Front 9/5K or the Full 18/8K. The event started as a tribute run held in memory of Kathy Maxwell who lost her battle to sarcoma cancer on December 14, 2012. When the cancer reached her spine her family reached out to Barrows Neurological Institute at St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center. The staff there were able to manage her pain and give her another year with her husband and daughter and to watch her grandchildren grow.
Now in our 7th year we have raised over $321K for St. Joseph's and it has grown into more than just a tribute to Kathy. It is now a tribute for so many others who run in memory of someone they lost. Please consider joining us this year and running in memory of someone you lost or run to raise money for an amazing organization that is helping so many fight their own battles.
Who do you run FORE?
Due to COVID-19 there will be significant changes in place to keep everyone safe. Registered runners will receive an email with more details but here are some changes to expect:
- There will be staggered starts with assigned start times. Participants will not be allowed in the event area until their assigned start time. Time slots will start at 7am and go every 10 minutes until 8am.
- There will be no water or Gatorade coolers out on the course or in the event area. We will only supply bottled water on the course. The event area will have bottled water and pre-packaged food.
- All StartLine staff will have masks and gloves
- Participants will be required to wear a mask in the event area but not out on the course.
- There will be no awards ceremony. Age group awards will be mailed out following the race.
Event details and schedule
Mail-in and Virtual Run Registration
To register by mail please complete and return our Mail-in Registration Form!
Can't make it to this year's event but still want to participate? This year will feature a Run FORE Cancer Virtual Race. A virtual race is a race that can be ran at any location. You can walk, use the treadmill, run outside or participate in another race. You can run your race at your pace wherever you like. All virtual race participants will receive a custom event finisher's medal and custom event dri-fit tech t-shirt. Please note that your shirt and medal will be mailed out following the event on September 26, 2020.
Virtual Registrations are restricted to US addresses only. If you reside outside of the US and wish to participate please contact StartLine Racing at firstname.lastname@example.org
What you Get!
Custom Event Finisher's Medal
Custom Event Dri-Fit T-Shirt
Age Group Awards for Top Three in all Age Groups (race day participants only). Our age groups are the following:
- 8 & Under, 9 & 10, 11-13, 14-17, 18-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75 & Over
Pre- and Post-Race "Runner's Brunch" (granola bars, fruit, water, Gatorade, etc)
Event owned by StartLine Racing!
Race Day Information
Race day registration opens at 6:50am
Stroller and wagon friendly event
Please no pets allowed on the course
Parking will be available at Silverado Golf Club with overflow parking available across Indian Bend Road at the Seville Office building located at 7001 N Scottsdale Road. There will be a shuttle available to take you to Silverado. PLEASE DO NOT PARK IN AND AROUND THE CONDOMINIUMS. YOU WILL BE TOWED.
This event is limited to 300 participants for the live event. There is no cap on virtual registrations.
Packet Pick-Up Opportunities
You will have two opportunities to pick-up your race packet (bib, chip, event swag, etc):
Friday, September 25th from 3:00 - 6:00pm at Road Runner Sports - Phoenix
Road Runner Sports is located at 7077 E Mayo Blvd, Suite 150, Phoenix, AZ 85054 (map)
Saturday, September 26th starting at 6:50am at Silverado Golf Club (event site)
- September 25 3:00 PM - Packet Pickup at Road Runner Sports - Phoenix 3-6pm
- September 26 6:50 AM - Race Day Packet Pick-up Opens
- September 26 7:00 AM - Staggered 8K / Full 18 Race Begins
- September 26 7:10 AM - Staggered 5K / Front 9 Race Begins