GET STOKED, SLACKERS!!!
The Life's A Beach Triathlon is the fun triathlon that almost anyone can finish!
After being cancelled in September the last two years (Hurricane Irma and then Red Tide outbreak) Life's A Beach Triathlon is back in Sarasota with a new May date for 2019--and you can join us on the beach for the bodacious good times!
Heard your serious triathlon friends talk about shaving seconds off their transition times? Well, at Life's A Beach "transition time" means how long it takes to get you from the finish line into beach bash mode--dancing in the sand to the beat of our live music or chillaxing with a cold beverage while waiting for your friends to finish. At our Sarasota event, the finish line is right at the Lido Beach Resort--our host hotel and site of our jammin' after-party!
EVENT DISCIPLINES AND DISTANCES
Almost Anything Goes Swim--200 yards
Want to use fins? Be our guest! Want to use a boogie board? Awesome!
Chillaxin' Bike--5 miles
- On a mix of paved roads, wide, flat trails and just a little sand!
- Beach cruisers or mountain bikes highly recommended!
Beach Run--2 Miles
- On the run you'll have some fun, beach-themed obstacles to keep you smiling!
- And, where else can you hurdle pink flamingoes and limbo at the finish line?
WANT AN EXTRA CHALLENGE?
LIFE'S A BEACH EXTREME 8AM START WAVE
For 2018 we've gone a bit crazy--continuing with themore challenging 8am wave that is double the distance. You'll also be faced with some other (we're working on improving these) unique beach-oriented challenges. This wave costs a little more, but participants will get an additional (even more unique) race shirt and an additional finisher's medal.
Want to race with your family? We allow racers down to 9 years old AND you can all sign up for the same starting wave! That's right--start waves are not based on age group--you choose! So, you can also race next to friends and coworkers!
We'll even have a free Hatchling Dash Kid's Run (with medals!) for the younger kids--so bring along the entire family for some beach fun!
LIfe's A Beach Triathlon Booty
- Life's A Beach T-Shirt
- NEW DESIGN FOR 2019! Bottle-Opener Finisher's Award
- LAB Tri Temporary Tattoo
- Post-Race Snack and Drink
- 1 Beer Included (for those of legal drinking age)
- Live Music
Official Life's A Beach Triathlon Sarasota Host Hotel
- Lido Beach Resort
- 700 Ben Franklin Dr.
- Sarasota, FL. 34236
- Great Rates for Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights
- Site of our Bodacious Beach Bash After-Party
Life's A Beach Triathlon Gives Back
- We LOVE our beach environment and recognize and support those who conserve and protect its resources. Because our logo is a sea turtle, we've chosen to support the local turtle watch/walk program at each of our venues (or another local marine conservation/education non-profit if there is no turtle program) with a $1 donation per each paid entry.
- In Sarasota, we are supporting the Mote Sea Turtle Patrol from Mote Marine Laboratory.
- Mote Marine Laboratory is also a great place to visit while on your Life's A Beach adventure weekend in Sarasota!
LIMITED ENTRIES ARE AVAILABLE FOR OUR 2019 EVENT. Due to the cancellation of our 2017 and 2018 event due to the statewide impacts of Hurricane Irma and Red Tide, we deferred all the race participant entries from 2017/2018 to our 2019 event. That means that some starting waves have a very limited number of entries available--particularly the early (8:10am and 8:20am) waves. If you want to secure your spot in a specific wave, we recommend you register early--it's also the least expensive!
NO EVENT REFUNDS.
LIMITED TRANSFERS OR DEFERRALS MAY BE AVAILABLE UNTIL Apri 15, 2019. Online registration closes on April 30, 2019.
Event details and schedule
Friday, May 17
- 3:30pm-7:30pm: Racer Packet Pick-Up at Lido Beach race site
- Chillax and watch the sunset at the Lido Beach Resort
Saturday, May 18
- 6:00-7:30am Racer Packet Pick-Up
- 6:00-7:45am Transition Area Open/Bike Check-in
- 8:00am First Starting Wave!
- 9:00am Live Music Jammin'
- 10:45/11:00am Hatchling Dash Kids Run (starts near the Swim Start)
- 11:00/11:15am Awards Ceremony:
- Bodacious Beach Bash After-Party: Starts as soon as you finish!
Endeavor Racing, LLC