Save on this event with ACTIVE Advantage
Your Advantage member discount automatically applies at checkout
Sandpoint City BeachBridge Street Sandpoint, ID 83864
The Scenic Half Marathon course is a sight to be seen and ran! With fantastic views from the Long Bridge, stunning surroundings of Lake Pend Oreille and the picturesque setting of charming downtown Sandpoint, Idaho the Scenic Half Marathon is unlike any other race around.
The route is great for elite and beginning runners alike, as the majority of the course is flat and fast. Rounding across paved pathways, down bike trails and through city streets the course is a safe, secure and satisfying experience!
Each round of races begins at Sandpoint City Beach where runners and their spectators may gather ahead of time to take in the sunshine and surroundings. Ample free parking is provided all across Sandpoint, allowing participants to enjoy everything the area has to offer.
The Scenic Half Marathon sets Sandpoint apart as a destination location for runners, adventurists, tourists and fitness gurus alike!
Registration closes online on Monday, September 14, 2015 at 12:00AM, so register now!
Not sure if you’re ready to run? Late registrations will be taken in-person only on Saturday, September 19, 2015 from 2:00-6:00PM at Sandpoint City Beach during participant packet pickup time.
For more information, please visit our website at www.scenichalf.com!
Event details and schedule
Saturday, September 19, 2015: Participant Packet Pick-Up Day & Late Registration Deadline
- Registered racers may pick up their participation packets, shirts and swag bags from 2:00-6:00PM at Sandpoint City Beach. Participants are encouraged to check-in during this time so they have everything needed to hit the course on Sunday morning!
- Late registrations will also be taken in-person only from 2:00-6:00PM at Sandpoint City Beach on Saturday, September 19, 2015. This is the last day to register.
- No race day registrations will be permitted.
Sunday, September 20, 2015: Race Day
- Registered racers may pick up their participation packets, shirts and swag bags from 6:00-8:00AM at Sandpoint City Beach, if not completed on Saturday.
- No registrations will be permitted on this day.
Race Start Times:
- The Half Marathon race will begin promptly at 8:30AM.
- The 10K race will begin, following the Half Marathon start, at 8:45AM.
- The 5K race will begin, following the 10K start, at 9:00AM.
- It is required you complete your race by 12:30PM.
Parking & Arrival Information:
- Free parking is available all throughout downtown Sandpoint on Sundays. It is suggested that participants park outside of Sandpoint City Beach and walk to the race start line, as the parking lot will not become available for vehicles to enter and leave the beach area until after the course closes.
- Upon arrival participants who have not checked in and picked up their packets may do so at the registration booth. All other participants may stretch, warm up and explore the other booths in the grassy area around the start line.
What to Bring:
- It is very important you remember to bring your race bib. Since this is a timed event, bib numbers are assigned to specific, individual participants and cannot be easily changed. In the event that you lose or forget your bib please find a Race Official as soon as possible.
What to Wear:
- The weather in Sandpoint in September varies but is typically a pleasant 60-65 degrees. It is suggested that participants dress in layers, and be prepared for potential rainfall and wind.
Waivers & Medical Information:
- It is required that all race participants agree to and sign the Release and Waiver Liability Agreement. This information may be found on the Scenic Half website, the online registration and downloadable registration form.
- It is very important that each racer write the following medical information on the back of their bib in case of an emergency: full name, phone number, address, list of allergies, details of any ongoing medical problems and a list of current medications and supplements.