Save on this event with ACTIVE Advantage
Your Advantage member discount automatically applies at checkout
Hacienda Entrance to Quicksiliver21785 Almaden Rd, San Jose, CA 95120 San Jose, CA 95120
About the Race
Run in the shadow of the infamous Mt. Umunhum. Set in the Sierra Azul Open Space Preserve, this is a one of a kind running experience that provides unique access to gorgeous trails and scenery not viewed by many. This is one of the toughest trail races that we host. Come prepared for a fantastic adventure!
ADDITIONAL RACE INFORMATION AVAILABLE: https://tctruns.com/2020/04/04/sierra-azul-trail-challenge-9-26/
Event details and schedule
100% Single Track and Fireroads
Surface: Dirt, rocky, single-track trail and fire roads from Start to Finish
Course: The Woods Trail, Out and Back!
Elevation Profile: Steep hills that roll throughout the course.
Weather: California Spring, Highs – 65 degrees / Lows 40 degrees.
Parking: Plenty of parking is available for this event.
Carpooling is encouraged.
Bib Pick-Up and Registration takes place on Race Day.
- Multiple aid stations will be open throughout the course. Aid offerings may be limited due to state and county rules, however, TCTRUNS will offer a drop-bag service for all runners at the start of the race, with personal items delivered to turn-around aid station locations.
- Please come prepared for an endurance event, particularly if you are planning to run some of the longer course offerings, and if you are unwell or have been unwell in the past two weeks, please roll-over your registration to a new event.
- Please come prepared to obey all state and county regulations related to COVID-19.
- Please come prepared to wear face mask coverings at race registration and before/after the race. Additionally, social distancing practices are recommended.
- If the race is canceled due to COVID-19, we will offer race registration roll-overs to future events or a refund.
- TCTRuns staff will be taking prevention precautions for this race.
- 6:30 AM: Runner check-in.
- 7:50 AM: Trail briefing.
- 8:00 AM: All distances start.
Sierra Azul 5K - https://www.plotaroute.com/route/1122872
Sierra Azul 10K - https://www.plotaroute.com/route/1122875
Sierra Azul 9 Miler - https://www.plotaroute.com/route/1122893
Sierra Azul Half Marathon -https://www.plotaroute.com/route/1122877
Sierra Azul 16 Miler - https://www.plotaroute.com/route/1122880
Sierra Azul 20 Miler - https://www.plotaroute.com/route/1122881
Sierra Azul Trail Marathon - https://www.plotaroute.com/route/1122883
Sierra Azul 50K - https://www.plotaroute.com/route/1122884
Additional Course Information available on our website:
All runners receive a medal for finishing the race.Course Information
The courses are out and back along Woods Trail from the Start/Finish line.
There are four aid stations and three water stops. Drop Bag Service is available to all runers.