Save on this event with ACTIVE Advantage
Your Advantage member discount automatically applies at checkout
Cabrillo National Monument1800 Cabrillo Memorial Drive San Diego, CA 92106
Cabrillo Sunset 5K is a fundraising event supporting Cabrillo National Monument’s historical, educational, interpretive and scientific programs. For more information to support these programs or to become a member, visit www.cnmf.org.
- Run or walk with your family and friends around Cabrillo National Monument’s historic landmarks.
- Enjoy San Diego’s magnificent sunset, pristine ocean views, and iconic tide pools.
- First place winners in both Women’s and Men’s divisions will be guaranteed registration into America’s Finest City Half Marathon taking place in August 2019.
- All registered participants will receive a numbered bib, event t-shirt, and commemorative medal.
Event proceeds support and fund interpretive, cultural, historical, scientific, and educational programs at Cabrillo National Monument, San Diego’s only National Park
Event details and schedule
PACKET PICK UP - Make your arrival and check-in a breeze on race day, pick up your packet early!
Milestone Running Pacific Beach (15% off shoes and apparel when you pick up your packet at Milestone)
Thursday July 18 – Noon to 7 p.m.
Friday July 19 – 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Saturday July 20 – 10 a.m. to Noon (5K DAY)
1892 Garnet Ave, San Diego, CA 92109
5:30 PM GATES OPEN, TAKE IN THE VIEWS, TALK TO OUR SUPPORTERS
- 5 - 5:30 PM Gates closed (no entrance allowed)
- 5:30 - 7 PM Gates open to Sunset 5K participants and guests
6PM CHECK-IN OPENS IN BREEZEWAY NEAR TRAFFIC CIRCLE
6:45 P.M. WARM UP PROVIDED BY PENINSULA YMCA IN TRAFFIC CIRCLE
7PM RACE START TIME
7 – 8 PM Gates closed during race (no entering or exiting park)
8 PM Gates open for race participants and guests to exit park(no entrance allowed)