Save on this event with ACTIVE Advantage
Your Advantage member discount automatically applies at checkout
Cabrillo National Monument1800 Cabrillo Memorial Drive San Diego, CA 92106
The Cabrillo Sunset 5K Fun Run & Walk is a fundraiser in support of the underfunded programs at Cabrillo National Monument.
The Cabrillo Challenge route passes the park's most important landmarks before linking with the road down to the tidepools - where participants can enjoy spectacular views as the sun sets below the horizon. The route is entirely paved, but challenging, with a significant incline (200 foot loss/gain) as participants return uphill and back to the Vistors Center. First place winners in Men’s & Woman’s division will qualify for fee entrance in the Americas Finest City (AFC) Half Marathon
Walk, run or cheer! All REGISTERED participants will receive a numbered bib and event T-shirt. Walkers, runners and baby strollers are welcome; this is an event for your entire family.
Run details and schedule:
Please arrive at Park between 5:30 and 6:30 p.m., the race begins at PROMPTLY 7 p.m. ALL GATES WILL BE CLOSED BETWEEN 7-8 p.m. with no vehicle entrance or exit during that time!
The views are spectacular; no other run is quite like this!
Event details and scheduleHello Cabrillo Sunset 5K Participants! Thank you again for registering for Cabrillo Sunset 5K on Saturday, July 21. We look forward to a great event! As a reminder, there is no pre-event packet pick-up. You will receive your items on Saturday at Check-in.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING EVENT DETAILS SO YOU ARE PREPARED AND HAVE THE BEST EVENT EXPERIENCE (if applicable, share with your other participant friends/family that you registered or share with your cheering squads, so they also have a pleasant event experience):
- The gates will close to Monument daytime visitors at 5 pm and they will ask all visitors to exit the park, so please do not arrive before 5:30 p.m. for the race.
- You can line up in your vehicles outside the park entrance gate, but please do not block the far right side lane for our event vendors who need to set-up.
- NPS will re-open the entrance gate when all daytime visitors have exited and the park is clear.
- Around 5:30 p.m race participants can enter the park.
- If you arrive and are ready before 6 p.m., we appreciate your patience as our volunteers are completing set-up.
- Check-in will begin at 6 p.m. by participants last name
- The volunteer will confirm if you have completed your online waiver. If you DID complete online waiver, then you will be assigned a bib number and receive an event t-shirt.
- If you DID NOT complete online waiver, you will be asked to complete waiver at the next station (Waiver Station) and finish your check-in process there.
Therefore, for an easier and more efficient check-in process, make sure you complete the online CNMF event waiver.
- Our Sponsor, YMCA, is providing a pre-race warm-up at 6:45 p.m. at the Start Line
- Race will begin at 7 p.m.
- Please note Fire and EMS services are available in the case of an injury or emergency. Let a volunteer know and they will help you receive the services needed.
- The entrance gate will be closed to everyone from 7 - 8 pm due to race route and park policies. The gates will re-open at 8 p.m. for participants/guests to exit the park after the race.
- Race finishers will receive their commemorative medal at the Finish Line.
- 1st place Men and Women and Runner-ups will receive complimentary entrance into America's Finest City Half Marathon on August 19. They need to provide their contact information and take a winning photograph after the race.
- Our Sponsors, Souplantation and Jensen's are generously providing participants sustanance after the race. And of course there will be plenty of water!
I know these are a lot of details, but we want to make sure you have all the information for a pleasant event experience. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com and we'll get back to you ASAP. See you Saturday for a great San Diego sunset!
Cabrillo National Monument Foundation