San Diego International & Sprint Triathlon (SDIT)
USAT Sanctioned Triathlon, Duathlon, Aquathlon, Aquabike, and Kid's Splash & Dash!
We are excited to welcome you to the 40th Annual San Diego International Triathlon. This race is one of the longest-standing triathlons in the country and a San Diego favorite. There are two courses to choose from an International course and a Sprint course, whichever you decide you’re guaranteed a great race.
Races start at the Spanish landing Park located on Harbor Drive across from the San Diego International Airport and Finishes at Rucco Park Near Seaport Village, free shuttle bus for spectators and athletes. This event is competitive and scenic; fun for you, your family, and your friends. We look forward to providing you a safe and challenging event. Register now; this race will sell out at least one month before race weekend.
Fantastic San Diego Bay Swim, National Monument Ride, and Waterfront Run.
- USAT Sanctioned Triathlon, Duathlon, Aquathlon (Swim/Run) & Aquabike (Swim Bike)
- Aquabike points awarded for the San Diego Triathlon Series
- Chip Timing (5 splits)
- Tech T-Shirt
- Continental Breakfast
- Beer Garden
- Live Band
- On-Line Results
- Finisher Medals
- Awards 3 Deep for International & Sprint Distance Triathlons
- Points for San Diego Triathlon Series (All individual distances!)
- Race Photos Available On-Line
RACE HOTEL - Located directly across the street from the transition
2211 Lee Court, San Diego, California,92101
Great for a Vacation or Staycation- just walk across the street to Spanish Landing Park for the San Diego International Triathlon start.
Free airport and Liberty Station Shuttle
Free Hot Breakfast
Complimentary Self- Parking for guests booked in the San Diego International Triathlon room block (Parking normally $15 Extra)
The race benefits Father Joe’s Villages , San Diego’s largest homeless services provider. Each day Father Joe’s Villages serves 3,000 meals and provides housing, rental assistance, healthcare, food, clothing, education, job training, mental health, addiction treatment and child development services to our neighbors in need. For more information, please visit www.neighbor.org . Please consider making a donation to Father Joes when you are registering. Thank you for your support
Event details and schedule
Sprint Triathlon (13 yrs & older): 500MSwim - 20K Bike - 6K Run
International Triathlon (13 yrs & older): 1K Swim - 30K Bike -10K Run
International RELAY Triathlon (13 yrs & older): 1K Swim - 30K Bike - 10K Run (Teams of 2 or 3 people)
International Aquabike (13 yrs & older): 1K Swim - 30K Bike (Your finish time is at the transition area after completing the bike portion, then head over to the finish line to return your timing chip and join the party!)
International Aquathlon (13 yrs & older): 1K Swim - 10K Run (Your finish time is at the finish line after completing the run portion)
(16 yrs & older): 1 mile Run - 20K Bike - 5.6K Run
(16 yrs & older): 500M Swim - 20K Bike (Your finish time is at the transition area after completing the bike portion, then head over to the finish line to return your timing chip and join the party!)
Note for Aquabike: After your bike, you will dismount just before the dismount sign. When you cross the “Bike In” timing mat, this ends your race. Rack your bike then come to the finish line to get your medal, post race food and enjoy the beer garden if your over 21.
(13 yrs & older): 500M Swim - 5.6K Run (Your finish time is at the finish line after completing the run portion)
Splash & Dash Youth 11yrs - 15yrs
200M Swim - 1.4 mi Run
Splash & Dash Youth 7yrs - 10yrs
100M Swim - .7 mi Run
Pre-Race Check-In & Packet Pick-Ups (Must attend one)
Date: Friday, June 23rdLocation: Road Runner Sports - 5553 Copley Drive, San Diego, CA 92111 Times Open: 3pm-6pm
ORDate: Saturday, June 24th Location: Spanish landing park 3900 N Harbor Dr , San Diego, CA
Times Open: 10am-3pm Saturday Only - Course Talk Times (Tentative) We recommend you attend the course talk so you will be completely informed of all the details. 11:30 am - Course Talk with Steve Tally 1:00 pm - Course Talk with Steve Tally Pre-Race Check-in Policies:
- All athletes must attend ONE pre-race check-in to pick up their race materials (FRI or SAT). All relay members must be present to receive the packet, or we will split up the relay packet for each participant.
- It is mandatory for all athletes to bring their ID to the pre-race check-in. We will not give any athlete their bib number without an ID.
- You must sign waiver(s) to get race materials.
- You will also be required to show proof of USAT annual membership or purchase a one-day membership (if you haven't already purchased a one day with us through registration).
- Friends and family members will NOT be allowed to pick up for an athlete. Sorry, NO EXCEPTIONS. These events are USAT sanctioned and USAT doesn't allow anyone besides the participant to pick up race materials.
- Athletes who don't attend FRI OR SAT (and have not selected the VIP Option) will be required to pay a $10 late fee on race morning in order to pick up race materials.
Sunday, June 25, 2023 at Spanish Landing Park
5:15 am: Parking Lot Opens
5:45am: Transition Area Opens/Body Marking Starts/Late pick-up Opens
6:30 am: Competitors to Swim Staging Area for Final Race Instructions
6:35 am: INTL- PRO Wave Starts
6:40 am- 7:40 am: INTL- Age Group Wave Starts
7:40 am: Sprint- Wave Starts
8:00 am: Swim Course Closes
8:00 am: Bus Shuttles to Finish at Seaport Village Commence
9:30 am: Bike Course Closes
10:30 am: Awards Presentation (approximate time)
11:00 am: Run Course Closes
11:50 am: Last Bus Shuttle from the Finish to Spanish Landing Park
12:00 pm: Transition Area Closed, All Bikes Must be Removed
San Diego International Triathlon Race Information