ONLINE REGISTRATION CLOSES AT 7 PM 10/12/18 BUT WALK UP REGISTRATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED SATURDAY ON A FIRST COME FIRST SERVE BASIS STARTING AT 7:30 AM!
Run, Walk or Stroller Roll to Help Abused Children
Every child needs a hero, but abused children need SuperHeroes. Make a difference in the life of an abused or neglected child today by participating in the 4th Annual SuperHero 5K, Walk & Stroller Roll benefiting Guardian ad Litem (GAL) Foundation of Tampa Bay. This event will raise community awareness of the 3,000 children in Pinellas and Pasco Counties who have been removed from their homes by no fault of their own. Monies raised will make a difference in the lives of children in foster care here in our local community. The family friendly all ages and abilities event will be held on Saturday, October 13, along the beautiful Safety Harbor Waterfront. Fall related activities are in store for the whole family, including carnival games and more. Join us in the fight for our children!
Want to Do More?
Help Us Fundraise to Meet Children's Needs!
Help make your dollars go further by starting a fundraiser and asking friends and family to pledge their support in honor our communities most vulnerable children. The funds you raise will help to provide resources for children in our local community, such as: basic needs like beds, clothing, uncovered medical expenses, tutoring and school supplies as well as extracurricular activities that allow kids to be kids. More children than ever before (since 2008) are coming into foster care with more complex needs and their stay in care is longer. We need your help to meet this demand!
You can help whether you walk in person or virtually. Just go to this URL:
and click “Start a Fundraiser” it will take you less than 5 minutes to set up. Include a short story about why YOU are a hero to a child and help others make a difference too! We will email you material you can use as the race gets closer to share with your friends and family.
Just like SuperHeroes, our kids wear uniforms too! Many of our children need assistance throughout the year with clothing and items for school, so at this year’s run, we will also be collecting new and gently used school uniforms in a variety of sizes and colors. We hope to see you in your favorite SuperHero uniform and we hope you consider bringing an extra change of clothes to support our children all year long!
Become a Sponsor
There are over 1,200 children that currently do not have a Guardian ad Litem volunteer to safeguard them or advocate for their needs. Not everyone has the time or the heart to be a Guardian ad Litem volunteer but YOU can be a SuperHero in the life of a child just by becoming a sponsor of our upcoming race.
For FAQ, see event details and schedule information below.
Event details and schedule
Saturday, October 13, 2018, begins at 8:30 AM (EDT)
Along the beautiful Safety Harbor Waterfront (see map for parking)
- This is a chip timed race using disposable bibb tag timing
- Children under 8 are a reduced cost if you do not need want a shirt or swag (i.e. bibb, medals, and food will be provided to all registrants) If you have a child under 8 and would like ALL race materials please use the normal youth registration. Youth registration is up to age 18.
- Packet pick-up will be held on Friday, October 12; 3-7 PM at CrossFit ABF (18538 US Hwy 19, Clearwater)
- Race course is all on road or sidewalk and much of it overlooks the beautiful shoreline of Tampa Bay
- Parking locations: http://cityofsafetyharbor.com/DocumentCenter/View/5754
- Free beer for adults and root beer for children at finish line!
- Activities before and afterwards for runners and families
- Awards will be given for top qualifiers of the 5K Run and all participants will receive a medal
- SuperHero costumes are encouraged but not required
- Breakfast and water will be provided
- Please note, refunds will not be given due to weather
Guardian ad Litem Foundation of Tampa Bay