Virtual Patterson Park 5KNovember 13 - December 05, 2020 Organized by B More Global
Save on this event with ACTIVE Advantage
Your Advantage member discount automatically applies at checkout
From November 13 through December 5, to help raise funds to advance B More Global's mission to grow global citizens in Baltimore and send our students on an educational experience abroad, we will be hosting the 8th annual Patterson Park 5K and Homebrew! This year's event will be packed with all the same activities you've come to expect from our event—including a 5K, 1-mile fun run, homebrew competition, and live music—but this year the event will be taking place virtually. Visit our website for more info.
Event details and schedule
You Choose When:
- Run a 5k (3.1 miles) any date/time between Friday, Nov. 13 and Saturday, Dec. 5 by 9 a.m.
- You can record your results on any day or time within this period, but results must be submitted by 9 a.m. EST on Saturday, Dec. 5.
- To be eligible for raffle prizes and time recognition, time results must be submitted (according to the details below) by Tuesday, Dec. 1st at 11:59 p.m.
- Registration for the race will be open until Friday, Dec. 4.
- Design your perfect 5k course from your front door!
- Stick to tradition and run our hilly, challenging course through Patterson Park!
- Treadmill run? Okay!
- The registration fee is $25 for this race.
- All proceeds will go directly toward fulfilling B More Global’s mission of providing Baltimore's students access to educational experiences abroad to develop, empathetic, action-oriented global citizens who can communicate and connect across a wide variety of cultures.
- You can expect to hear from other runners, student travelers, members of B More Global, and more during the race window. Post a selfie to @BMoreGlobal.
- At the conclusion of the race, a random drawing for all registrants will be held. You can be entered into the raffle prizes up to four times by submitting any combination of the following:
- Submit your race time to Active.com after successfully completing the race
- Post a selfie of you running and tag #BMoreGlobal
- Post about your race experience on our Facebook or Instagram page
- Post your time comparison from any previous year’s race results
- This is a timed race. It should go without saying, once you start your run, keep the clock going and do not hit pause under any circumstances.
- While we will be verifying top times (see below), we all know that virtual races are built on the honor system, so please be a good part of the running community!
- Current Course Records:
- Male – Mark McLain - 15:22 (2017)
- Female - Megan DiGregorio - 18:40 (2017)
- Runners will receive a confirmation email with a portal link that they will use to enter their time. In general, you will submit your time to Active.com.
- This virtual race is built on the honor system. Please be a good member of the running community by being honest about your time submissions.
- You may submit multiple times as long as they fall in the race window. However, your most recently submitted time will be included in the final race results (so don’t submit a slower time if you ran the race more than once).
- If you would like to be eligible for top placement and/or an award, then you will need one of the following two verification methods:
- Link to your activity uploaded on Strava, Garmin Connect, or another site that records your run. Be sure to set the run to "public" and set it to “race” mode, so that we can verify it; OR
- Take a photo or selfie with your time & distance, if you're using a treadmill or your watch.
- Race directors reserve the right to disqualify any participants from top placement or awards, if there are any concerns about the validity of a participant’s time. Please uphold the honor system, folks!