Virtual 5K Funk Run for Silverlake Conservatory of MusicSeptember 13 - 14, 2020 Organized by Silverlake Conservatory of Music
Save on this event with ACTIVE Advantage
Your Advantage member discount automatically applies at checkout
SCM's 5th Annual 5K Funk Run is going virtual!
QuaRUNtine with us Sunday, September 13th
What exactly is the virtual 5K Funk Run?
A virtual 5K is a race that can be run or walked from any location you choose. You can run, jog, or walk on the road, on the trail, on the treadmill, at the gym, or on the track. You get to run your own race, at your own pace, and time it yourself.
- Everyone will complete their virtual 5K on September 13. This way we can all do the Funk Run together, while being apart.
- Share your photos and videos all along the way to 5K using #scmfunkrun2020
All Participants Will Receive:
- Runner’s bib with 5k Funk Run artwork
- Custom 5K Funk Run Bandana
- Custom 5K Funk Run guitar pick necklace finisher medal
- Your registration automatically enters your name in our giveaway for the chance to win a Fender Flea Jazz Bass, signed by Flea! We will be drawing and announcing the winner on Monday, September 14th at 3:00pm PST.
- You can enter our giveaway multiple times by engaging in our weekly social media challenges and by logging your walk/run time at the end of your 5K! Please find us on social media for a chance to win that Flea Bass!
- Facebook: @silverlake.conservatory
- Instagram: @silverlake_conservatory
- Weekly video training tips from the pros over at AAY! Fitness in Los Angeles.
- Chance to win a custom engraved finisher medal by finishing at the top of your age/gender category
Event details and schedule
All proceeds benefit Silverlake Conservatory of Music, a nonprofit 501(c)3 organization in Los Angeles, CA providing free and low cost music education to the community.
- Virtual 5K Funk Run can be completed at any time of day, but must be completed on Sunday, September 13
- There will be multiple opportunities along the way to enter our giveaway! Winners will be chosen and announced Monday, September 14 at 3:00pm PST
- All participants will receive a bib, custom Funk Run bandana and finisher medal in the mail. *To receive your bandana and finsher medal ahead of time, you must register by Friday, August 28. Those registering after August 28 will still receive their items, it just means they may arrive after the 5K*
HOW TO TRACK YOUR TIME:
There are a number of great tracking apps out there! For those with an Apple Watch, Fitbit, etc. you can track your 5K directly on your device.
We recommend experimenting to find the app that works best for you, but some popular options are:
- Run With Map My Run
- Nike Run Club
- Strava Running and Cycling
- Couch to 5K
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR TIME:
You can log your time on the Active results page https://resultscui.active.com/events/SilverlakeConservatoryofMusic5kFunkRun2020
- Once you have completed your 5K, submit your result by:
- Entering your registration number and finish time
- Uploading proof of completion (e.g. a screenshot of your tracking app or photo of your GPS watch)
Results must be entered no later than 12:00pm PST on Monday, September 14th
- Remember, logging your results at the end of the 5K enters you into our giveaway!
Most importantly, HAVE FUN! We are all about community at SCM and that’s what this 5K is really about – a chance to do something together while being apart. So get up, get out, get FUNKY and have fun doing it!
SCM Tax ID: 27-0030546