Locking Arms in Love 1M 5K 10K 13.1 26.2 50K 50MSeptember 05, 2020 - November 30, 2021 Organized by Virtual Run Events
Save on this event with ACTIVE Advantage
Your Advantage member discount automatically applies at checkout
We agree with the words of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., that “hate cannot drive out hate. Only love can do that.” There is so much work to do and there is no room for hate, racism, prejudice or bigotry. Love is the solution. And while we have a long road to travel, we are dedicated to locking arms with all of our brothers and sisters and moving forward to a world where all individuals have equal rights without discrimination based on race. We invite you to lock arm in arm with us as we do our best to defend civil rights, protect legal rights, and promote tolerance and understanding among races, ethnicities, and cultures. As a running and walking community our mission has always been to be inclusive and welcoming to all, recognizing that diversity brings greater understanding and compassion. We thank you for being a part of this journey!
For this race we are donating double the amount we usually do to charity. We will be donating 15% of each registration for this race to the Equal Justice Initiative, an incredible organization that works with communities that have been marginalized by poverty and discouraged by unequal treatment. We will be donating another 15% of each registration to CLASP, another great organization that is committed to a racial equity agenda that strengthens equitable public investments, promotes economic opportunities and security for all, protects civil rights, addresses explicitly the challenges of immigrants and their families, and honors the voices of communities of color.
- Races can be completed anytime between August 15th and October 31, 2020! You can complete your race sooner, but your medal and bib won’t ship out until the end of July.
- 1M 5K 10K 13.1 26.2 50M and 50K virtual races are available — you choose which distance you want to complete. We’ve even added a 50 mile and 50 kilometer option for those that have been asking for longer distances and for those that want to dedicate many miles to this great cause!
- Great for all ages
- A percentage of race registration fees will be donated to the Equal Justice Initiative and also to CLASP
- You’ll receive a medal upon completion of your event!
- Registration Fee: $22 (includes a medal, bib, and shipping)
- Medals and bibs will begin shipping out at the end of July 2020. After that they will ship out within 2 to 5 days of signing up.
- Official Locking Arms in Love SWAG is available here for a limited time only (this gear is sold separately through Threadless.com and our promo codes do not work towards it).