LAMB 5K Run/Walk 2020March 28 - October 25, 2020 Organized by Mike Race Director
Save on this event with ACTIVE Advantage
Your Advantage member discount automatically applies at checkout
The Spring LAMB 5K was rescheduled to 26 Sep. Due to COVID restrictions, the event will now be going virtual!! With some schools opening 5 days a week in October, intellectually challenged students and their teachers in the EC program will need and appreciate donations even more. We hope you will continue to assist and make this a great event even though it is remote and virtual. Here is the plan:
- People registered for the Spring event are automatically registered for the virtual event
- Registration is now open and we are looking for more participants so please notify your friends. Register at www.active.com and search for LAMB 5K.
- Virtual means you complete a 5K on your own at your own location or even in your own small group if you follow local social distancing rules. Complete a 5K (3.1 miles) or Fun run (3/4 mile) between 16 – 25 Oct. Use a treadmill, park, neighborhood, FitBit, track, etc.
- Email your results by 25 Oct to email@example.com. If you send a picture, we will post them on active.com. If you give us permission, we will post your time too.
- T-Shirt pickup will be at St. Therese Church at 217 Brawley School Road in Mooresville in the back parking lot from noon – 7:00 pm, on Fri, 30 October. Your car will be in a covered area, no need to get out of car, and we will give you your T-Shirt(s). We will have masks, gloves, and sanitizer.
- Can’t make T-Shirt pickup? We will mail shirts or for large groups we can deliver to a school.
- All registered participants will receive a T-Shirt and a souvenir race bib. Those who email a time and/or picture will also receive coupons we receive from sponsors and be entered for raffle prizes. We have always had a lot of raffle prizes in the past and this year we still have a lot of prizes.
- We will not be at the park on 26 Sep or Charlotte Running Company shoe store on 25 Sep.
This is unique and new to all of us. The virtual event will allow us to continue to assist the students and teachers during the pandemic and keeps us from having to cancel the event. Past participation allowed us to give donations to 15 Mooresville and Troutman schools. We hope and plan for the virtual event to raise as much (or nearly as much) as our past live events. We appreciate your assistance and patience and hope you are all well. If you have questions or need additional information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.