For Those About to Run We Salute You 5K VIRTUAL RUNJuly 18, 2020 Organized by Run For It! Productions
Save on this event with ACTIVE Advantage
Your Advantage member discount automatically applies at checkout
We wanted to take a moment to give you a COVID-19 update and how it impacts the July 18th For Those About to Run 5K. While we have been told by Cobb PD they will soon start allowing runs to happen again as long as several criteria are met, we have talked extensively with the venue, and they are not quite ready to host an event of this size and complexity, based on the criteria (Last year’s event had over 600 people and a large party attached to it). Given the current situation and restrictions, and out of an abundance of caution, we will be moving the July 18th run to a virtual-only run.
IF YOU ALREADY REGISTERED; Your registration will automatically roll over to the virtual option. In addition, we are working on moving the Live version of this race to the Fall (“For Those About to Run 5K – the Encore!”). Once we have the date locked in for it, you will also be automatically registered for the Live run as well! (This way, you get to take part in both runs for your one registration fee, and you will get swag from both races) WHAT YOU WILL GET WITH THE VIRTUAL RUN
- An awesome shirt!
- GUITAR SHAPED FINISHER MEDAL!
- COOL PRIZE for the winner of the lip sync battle! (Details below)
- Door prizes at our Virtual Live event! (Details below)
- The ultimate rock n roll playlist!
- Points in the Run and See Georgia Grand Prix (www.runandseegeorgia.com)
Event details and schedule
HOW TO SUBMIT TIMES AND OTHER FUN!!
You will be able to submit your 5K time anytime between 7/18/2020 and 7/24/2020. Please follow all of the steps below in order to be included in the results;
- Run or walk a 5K anywhere - even on a treadmill. If you are running/walking outside, please make sure you are following all social distancing rules and follow ALL local, state, and federal mandates!
- Take a picture of your time/distance. It can be through Strava, Garmin, Mapmyrun, or even a picture of your watch or treadmill display. As long as we can see your distance / time, you are good!
- Email your proof to email@example.com within the time window posted above. Times submitted outside of this window will not count. Please include your full name in the email. ***VERY IMPORTANT*** In the subject line of your email, please put "For Those About to Run 5K Results Submission" This will help us know which event you are participating in!
- We will post complete results by 7/26/2020 at www.runforitproductions.com and they will be sent out via email. Points / results for the Run and See Georgia Grand Prix will be posted as soon as possible.
LIP SYNC BATTLE! - We had so much fun with this last year, we had to bring it back! Now you can battle from the comfort of your own home. Submit a video of you rockin' out to our EVENT PAGE no later than 7/18 at noon. We will share some of our faves, and announce our winner during our Virtual Live event later that night!
VIRTUAL LIVE EVENT! - We will host a Virtual Live event on Facebook on 7/18 at 8pm! We will play awesome music, give away door prizes, and more! More details coming soon!
HOW TO GET YOUR SWAG! - We will announce our pickup locations very soon! For those that can't pick up in person, we will make provisions for items to be mailed. More details coming soon!
REFUND POLICY - No refunds and no transfers are allowed for this event. In the unlikely event of a postponement or cancellation due to Force Majuere, complete instructions will be sent to you via email regarding alternatives, should alternatives be available.