Mermaid 5K & Mermaid Mile Fun RunAugust 22, 2020 Organized by Blue Cheetah Sports Timing, LLC
Save on this event with ACTIVE Advantage
Your Advantage member discount automatically applies at checkout
REGISTRATION UPDATE: Registration for the in-person event has reached capacity. Registration for the virtual event will remain open, with NO SHIRTS available. Price has been reduced to $20 per person.
* 8/3/2020 - When you register, you will be asked your choice for shirt size. As of today we can't guarantee that you will receive your size of choice but will do our best to get it to you. Thanks for understanding!
* 7/29/2020 We have received permission to move ahead with this race as a live event! In a few days, everyone who is registered will receive some information regarding packet pickup, race procedures and health and safety protocols. Anyone wishing to transfer to the virtual event can do so at any time, just let us know. We thank you for your patience as we navigate our way through the changing times.**Important UPDATE:
After going over many details and many days of planning we have decided for everyone’s health and safety to reschedule The Mermaid 5k/ Mermaid Mile, The new date will be August 22nd with the same time and same place. It was a very difficult decision to make but we strive to make sure the health and safety of our runners and attendees will always come first . We also wanted to make sure that we had all the resources and supplies we needed for this event to be successful and right now that would be a very difficult task to accomplish. This run is still going to be as magical and mermaid filled as it was planned to be, if not even bigger and better! We will be putting in extra effort over the next couple of months to bring more amazing things to this run and in doing so hopefully it will help the local community and businesses that are currently suffering financially and bring back some much needed joy and happiness. We hope that you still plan to join us for this amazing run and we wish you all good health and wellness.
If for reasons you may not be able to attend the August 22nd date and have already purchased your race entry you have the option to change it to the virtual run. You will still receive a T-shirt, Medal and Race Bib.The inaugural MERMAID RUN 5K and MERMAID MILE FUN RUN will take place on Saturday, August 22, 2020 at Festival Park in Aberdeen, MD 5K Race start is 8:00 am and the MERMAID MILE will begin at 8:05. The 5K Race will be professionally chip-timed by Blue Cheetah Sports Timing and offers a marathon-quality 5k finisher's medal and event shirt for all participants. The course is USATF Certified - Fast and FLAT! Costumes are encouraged, and we will have music and prizes! Proceeds will benefit the Maryland TEARS Foundation, a non-profit offering financial assistance to help with the cost of infant burial or cremation expenses as well as emotional support including online support groups and remembrance gatherings. www.thetearsfoundation.org
Event details and schedule
Advance Packet Pickup - for the Mermaid Run on Saturday, August 22, we will be holding two advance packet pickups. We strongly encourage everyone to come to one of the advance packet pickup if you are able to do so in order to eliminate any gathering of crowds on race morning. Please help us to stay within the guidelines and manage everyone's safety.
- You will receive your bib # by email on Thursday, August 13
- We will be at Festival Park in Aberdeen on
- Sunday August 16 from 3-5 pm and
- again on Thursday August 20 from 4-6 pm
- We will be under or near the pavilion
- When you arrive at Festival Park, please wear a mask and observe social distancing; remain 6-ft apart from others while you wait your turn.
- Tell us your bib number and you will receive your items in a contactless manner; our staff will be wearing masks
- If you are picking up for more than one person, please be prepared with the name and bib # of that person as well.
- If you are a local virtual racer, please come to packet pickup if you are able. If you are unable to attend either packet pickup, please let us know. Out of town virtual racers will have their items mailed to them.
Day-of Race packet pickup will be at the Park pavilion. Race bibs/shirts will be bagged and numbered, arranged in order. Please know your bib number when you come to the pickup area as this will be self-service.
No more than 10 people will be allowed under the pavilion at any one time, and this area will be monitored by a staff person.
You will enter the pavilion from the Howard St. side
You will exit the pavilion onto the main grassy area of Festival Park
Cross over to the Parke St. side of the park to enter the start corral. Details to follow!