We are so excited to team up again with Megan Osborne, Mrs Northern Virginia, as a Champion for our Children and raise money for Feeding America! Did you know that 37 million people face hunger in the U.S. today — including more than 11 million children? This is such a sad statistic! And with the current Covid-19 situation, its even more important we help get food to those that need it! As Mrs. Northern Virginia, Megan’s goal is to be a champion for the children in her area, and in turn, we are using this race to help make sure children are getting the food they need. We will be donating 20% of each registration for this race to Feeding America, who’s network is the nation’s largest domestic hunger-relief organization, working to connect people with food and end hunger. Donors, staff, and volunteers all play an important role in their efforts to end hunger in the United States.
Our race is in celebration of children everywhere and is in honor of World Children’s Day, which takes place November 20th, 2021! Join our second annual Champions for the Children 1M 5K 10K 13.1 26.2 race now!
- Races can be completed anytime in November 2021, even better if it’s November 20th!
- 1 mile, 5k, 10k, 13.1, and 26.2 virtual races are available — you choose which distance you want to complete
- Great for all ages
- A percentage of race registration fees will be donated to Feeding America.
- You’ll receive a medal upon completion of your event!
- Registration Fee: $25 (includes a medal, bib, and shipping)
- Medals and bibs will begin shipping out October 15th. After that they will ship out within 2 to 5 days of signing up.
- Official Champions for the Children gear is available here for a limited time only (this gear is sold separately through Threadless.com and our promo codes do not work towards it).
Don’t forget that if you sign up for our main 2021 event, NEPTUNE-Weathering the Storm Running and Walking Challenge, you will be given a discount code that will allow you to save 40% on ALL EVENTS in 2020! The code starts now and doesn’t expire until December 31, 2021! So be sure to sign up for Neptune now and get your discount code now! SIGN UP HERE!
Event details and schedule
A virtual race is a race that can be run (or walked) from any location you choose. You can run, jog, or walk on the road, on the trail, on the treadmill, at the gym or on the track (or even at another race). You get to run your own race, at your own pace, and time it yourself. Running and walking on your own, or with friends! And your medal will be shipped directly to you. Complete a virtual 5Ks, 10K, half marathon and more!