The Rams Scare Run is a family friendly Woods Walk + 5k event that takes place upon the Ram Trails. The Ram Trails are a series of grass and dirt paths that weave through woods and around a pond. While being off road, the trails are well maintained - with minimal roots or ruts - and are used for competitive High School Cross Country 3k and 5k races. Its rolling design is fast for the competitive runner to run a fast time, while friendly for recreational runners of all abilities to enjoy running off the pavement.
**Note: The trails are not stroller friendly. No dogs are allowed**
The race will use a chip timing system plus video back up to ensure timing accuracy. Medals will be given for the Top 3 runners of each age level.
This event is supporting the Rams XC & Track teams. The teams are primarily supported through fundraisers and donations. 100% of the proceeds will go to provided entry fees, uniforms, training equipment, and travel expenses for the 120+ athletes that participate each year. Consider an extra donation @ http://fund.fastrams.me
Event details and schedule
Registration & Pick Ups
Registration Before Oct 17: All runner guaranteed T-Shirt, Finisher Medal, custom bib & Swag Bag
Oct 30 (4-6p): Early Packet Pickup @
Run-N-Tri (11831 Retail Dr, Wake Forest NC). ID Required.
Oct 31: Day of Registration - $10 Extra. Closes @ 7:30am
- 1:30-3:45. Packet Pick Up
- 2-4pm. Family Woods Walk + Fall Fastival
- Families/kids walk a woods loop. People with costumes will have buckets of candy for kids to take.
- Enjoy the Food trucks, DJ Music & Business area.
- Enter the Best Costume Competition.
- 4:05 - 4:30. Kids Costume Dash
- 4:35-5:05. Community 5k.
- Costumes welcome and encouraged, but not required
- 5:20ish Awards
- Including Age Groups, Overall, and Best Costume!
Family Woods Walk = Free
Please register for planning /parking purposes
Kids Costume Dash
No Shirt = $5
With Shirt = $10
5k Racers (including Shirt & Medal)
Adult: Early = $25 (Late =$35)
Youth: Early = $20 (Late = $30)
Child: Early = $10 (Late = $20)
**Note: Putting on a race requires the meet director to make payments well before the race day. No refunds will be issued**
Top 2 Males, Top 2 Females: Medals + Prize
Top 2 of Each Age Group: Medals
10 & Below, 11-14, 15-19, 20-29, 30-39,
40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70+
Best Costume (Child & Adult)
**Must be present. Awards will not be shipped**
Parking, Bathrooms & Medical
- Parking at the Rolesville High School main entrance.
- Bathrooms at the football stadium.
- An athletic trainer will be on hand. EMT/Emergency services are located ~3 minutes down the road.