This activity has been cancelled.
Yoga postures, breathing techniques, and meditation geared to those of us who spend a lot of time sitting in chairs staring at screens. While a good practice for middle-aged and older adults who can move between lying, seated and standing poses, anyone who wants to get off their chairs and move with intention is welcome. Practice gentle and beginner-level yoga postures in a way that increases strength and emphasizes stability as a platform for exploration of flexibility. Each class will begin and end with a brief meditation based on a theme to increase mindful awareness. Bring a nonstick yoga mat, 1 to 2 yoga blankets (may substitute beach towels, or twin sized blankets), 2 foam blocks and a long cotton strap.
Class will be held outdoors on grass. No access to recreation facility, bathrooms or to wash your hands. No sharing of equipment and keep 6 feet social distancing at all times.
Montgomery County Recreation Outdoor Programs
Participants Health and Safety Guidelines
When attending a Montgomery County Recreation Outdoor Program, I understand that participants will be required to follow the health and safety standards listed below:
· Check in and provide name at the start of the program.
· Wear a mask unless they can physical distance (a minimum of 6 feet) from other participants.
· Disinfect their hands prior to entering the program and after touching shared items.
· Remain 6 feet apart from all other participants outside of family members.
· Not congregate before or after the program in areas such as parking lots, fields, playgrounds etc.
· Inform Montgomery County Recreation immediately if they become sick or have contact with a person who has a diagnosis of COVID19.
Are you Ready to Play?
Things to bring with you
· Hand sanitizer
· Hat & Sunglasses
· Bug spray
· Any equipment necessary for the class
Bauer Open Space Field at Bauer Drive Community Recreation Center