This activity has been cancelled.
This class will bring yoga postures, breathing techniques, and mindfulness meditation geared to children. Children’s Yoga makes use of music, story, dance and discussion. Each class will have a theme, such as Sharing with Others, or Nature in Springtime, around which the class will be structured. The class will consist of resting and active postures. The postures will follow a typical yoga sequence with regard to attention to flexibility and strength, with time to warm up, more challenging poses, and then time to cool down. The pace is typically lively with time for both self-expression and group cohesion. Parent and child must sign up.
Class will be held outdoors on grass. No access to recreation facility, bathrooms or to wash your hands. No sharing of equipment and keep 6 feet social distancing at all times.
Montgomery County Recreation Outdoor Programs
Participants Health and Safety Guidelines
When attending a Montgomery County Recreation Outdoor Program, I understand that participants will be required to follow the health and safety standards listed below:
· Check in and provide name at the start of the program.
· Wear a mask unless they can physical distance (a minimum of 6 feet) from other participants.
· Disinfect their hands prior to entering the program and after touching shared items.
· Remain 6 feet apart from all other participants outside of family members.
· Not congregate before or after the program in areas such as parking lots, fields, playgrounds etc.
· Inform Montgomery County Recreation immediately if they become sick or have contact with a person who has a diagnosis of COVID19.
Are you Ready to Play?
Things to bring with you
· Hand sanitizer
· Hat & Sunglasses
· Bug spray
· Any equipment necessary for the class
Bauer Open Space Field at Bauer Drive Community Recreation Center