The uphill portions will test your strength and endurance while the equally challenging downhill sections are sure to weed out those who are unprepared. The breathtaking views and stunning Blue Ridge Mountain scenery will offer some reprieve as you persevere to the finish line! Are you up for the challenge of Americas Toughest Road Marathon?
Event details and schedule
Friday, April 25
- Packet Pick Up/Expo (3-8pm) at the City Market Building.
- Foot Levelers will provide free foot scans. Enter to win a free pair of orthotics.
- Pick up last minute items from Fleet Feet.
- Press Press Merch will have Blue Ridge Marathon merchandise available.
- Foot Levelers Pasta Dinner with guest speakers (limited to 200, register in advance) – 6:30-8:00pm
- Down by Downtown Music Festival – multiple venues throughout downtown Thursday through Saturday.
Saturday, April 26
- 5:30am-7:00am: Packet and chip pick up on Elmwood Park Stage for those who didn’t make it Friday.
- 7:35am: Full, Half, and Star K start on Jefferson Street (just outside Elmwood Park)
- A corral system is used to position runners for start based on pace times.
- 7:45am: YMCA Kids Marathon start. Kids Marathon finishes at the Kirk YMCA located a few blocks from Elmwood Park.
- 10:00-4pm: Live music, beer garden, food vendors, and more at finish line area.
- Music is part of the Down by Downtown Music Festival (10am-4pm).
- 11:00am: Anthem Star K award ceremony on Elmwood Park Stage.
- 12:30pm: Half Marathon award ceremony at Elmwood Park Stage.
- 2:00pm: Full Marathon award ceremony at Elmwood Park Stage.
- 5:00: Gates open for tickets G. Love & Special Sauce concert on Elmwood Park Stage. Show starts at 6:00pm.
Blue Ridge Marathon