Save on this event with ACTIVE Advantage
Your Advantage member discount automatically applies at checkout
Redondo Beach: Miramar Park201 Paseo De La Playa Redondo Beach, CA 90277
This summer we invite you to come “Swim the Avenues” and be part of the Second Annual Redondo Beach Open Water Swim. There will be a 1mile swim as well as a ½ mile swim. This event is also an official "Qualifying" swim for the Manhattan Beach Pier to Pier Swim. There will be a wet-suit and non-wet suit category.
Which Team is fastest? This year at "Swim the Avenues" we are adding a team division for the 1 mile non-wet suit category to answer that question. Register and swim as many members as you want and the 5 fastest count towards your team score. Fastest team wins a trophy and bragging rights for the year. If you do not see your swim group listed please list it.
Swim Course Reminders:
- If at any time during the swim you need assistance, please wave your hand and a lifeguard on a paddle board will come by. If they feel you are unable to finish the swim they will assist you to shore. If this happens, please walk to the swim finish to let the timing company know you did not finish the swim. Please line yourself up according to your swim ability. Faster swimmers in the front with slower swimmers in the back.
- If for any reason you cannot finish the race, please return your timing chip to the timing tent located at the finish.
- There is a $10 fee for any timing chips not returned.
Available bathrooms on race day:
- Restrooms are just off the bike bath on the beach.
Suggested PARKING area:
LA County Beach Parking Lot located just off of Peso del La Playa. This is a pay lot.
Age Group Categories:
1 Mile Swim
- 13-16, 17-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70+
- 9-10, 11-12 (Jr Guard age group) 13-99 (Open Category)
Event details and schedule
Saturday, July 13 Packet Pick Up
- Packet consists of: swim cap and timing chip.
- Location: Village Runner, 1611 S. Catalina Ave #105, Redondo Beach, CA 90277
From 12pm – 4pm.
- You must pick up your packet in person. Minors may have an Adult pick up for them.
- Online registration closes at noon Friday, July 12th, 2019.
- No Refunds.
Sunday, July 14 Race Schedule
6:30a.m Race Day Registration (cash/check) and Late Packet Pick Up at Miramar Park, 201 Paseo De La Playa, Redondo Beach 90277
Late packets need to be picked up near white tents before 7:30a.m.
No glass allowed
7:35a.m Pre-race talk on the beach, beyond public bike path (Caution bike path is open to the public) Please do not block bike path.
8:00a.m 1/2 Mile Swim Start
8:15a.m 1 Mile Swim Start
- Top 5 Overall 1 Mile Swim
- Top 3 each age group
- Finisher T-Shirt