Save on this event with ACTIVE Advantage
Your Advantage member discount automatically applies at checkout
Umstead Park (N. Harrison Entrance)8801 Glenwood Avenue Raleigh, NC 27607
Fit & Able is proud to bring back the Turkey Chase trail festival at Umstead Park! We hope you enjoyed the delicious Thanksgiving eats with your friends and family. But now it's time to burn off the turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, and pie! With three distances - including a 5K, 10K, and 20K - you can choose your challenge.
When you get back to Shelter #1 we'll have fruit, brownies, and other treats waiting for you! Plus your Turkey Chase medal!
Invite your friends, pick your race, and burn off Thanksgiving dinner!
This event has limited space, so sign up quick!
Start time slots for each event:
- 8:30 - 9:00 AM - 20K
- 9:00 - 9:30 AM - 10K & 20K
- 9:30 - 10:00 AM - 5K & 10K
- 10:00 - 10:30 AM - 5K &10K
- 10:30 - 11:00 AM - 5K & 10K
- 11:00 - 11:30 AM - 5K
- 11:30 - 12:00 PM - 5K
Course closure times:
- 11:00 AM - 20K Turn Around Point Closes
- 12:00 PM - 10K Turn Around Point Closes
- 12:30 PM - 5K Turn Around Point Closes
- 12:30 PM - Course Closes
Given the nature of the course and open start times, all runners who start the race must check back in at Shelter #2 following the race so we know you're done and get your timing chip back. We also ask that you provide your cell number and carry your phone with you on your run in case we need to contact you for emergencies.
* Due to insurance policy changes we can no longer allow dogs to participate in any event with children. As a family-oriented company we choose kids! We apologize for the inconvenience. *
Event details and schedule
Saturday November 30th
- 7:30 AM - 11:00 AM - Race Day Check-in (Reedy Creek Shelter #1)
* 30 minutes before each time slot. Last pickup at 11:00 AM.
- 8:30 AM - 11:30 AM - Race Start (Reedy Creek Shelter #2)
* Start by time slots.
- 12:30 PM - Courses Closed
*Start times subject to change
Race Location: William B. Umstead State Park - Reedy Creek Shelter #2 (N. Harrison Ave. entrance at Exit 287 off HWY 40)
Course Information: The course is on the multi-use park trails. The trails have roots, rocks, and uneven surfaces. Please take all precautions with your safety and wear appropriate gear for the weather and terrain. The start and finish are at Reedy Creek Shelter #1.
Events: Youth, Juniors, Adults, Novices, and Families are welcome. All participants will have official chip-recorded times with posted results. All Fit & Able Productions, Inc. events are inclusion events: anyone of any age or skill-level can participate in any race course! USATF Rules:No dogs, bikes, or strollers permitted in race!
First Aid: First Aid is available at the registration pavilion.
Water Stations: There will be water stations on the course: at the 5K Turnaround, at the 10K Turnaround, at the 20K Turnaround, and Finish Line. Water is also available at the Shelter #1 registration and refreshment area. The water stations are marked on the map.
Packet Pick-up: All participants must show a photo ID in order to pick up their race packets. All participants must pick up their own race packet and sign the USATF waiver. Minors must be with a guardian to pick up their race packet. All young kids with parents must be registered and numbered in order to participate with their parents.
Race Souvenirs: The first 250 registered participants will get a special Turkey Chase race finishers medal (guaranteed if registered by November 1st; first come first serve after).
Online registration closes on November 29th at 9 PM. Cash, checks, and credit card are accepted at packet pick-up and race day.
- Until October 31st: $45
- Until November 29th: $50 (+ $5 if registering offline at packet pickup)
- On Race Day November 30th: $55
- Until October 31st: $35
- Until November 29th: $40 (+ $5 if registering offline at packet pickup)
- On Race Day November 30th: $45
- Until October 31st: $25
- Until November 29th: $30 (+ $5 if registering offline at packet pickup)
- On Race Day November 30th: $35
Kids 5 & Under: $5
* Small children must be registered and numbered and with a parent registered in a regular event.
NOTE: NO REFUNDS, TRANSFERS, or EXCHANGES are available for any Fit & Able events.
The Turkey Chase and all its participants are subject to these event policies.
Fit & Able Productions is a nonprofit organization that has been supporting community and family fitness in Cary since 1997 through organizing creative events and training programs. We also support many programs, such as swim safety lessons for underprivileged children and adults, youth fitness programs, and health education run by our community partners including the Cary Family YMCA, Triangle Aquatic Center, and Town of Cary. Proceeds from our events that aren't designated to support other organizations go to support the event and other Fit & Able nonprofit activities.We can't wait to see you at the Turkey Chase!