The Caveman 5K Roar and Pour is the 5th Annual Cave B Estate Winery Trail Fun Run and Wine Tasting Event. This year it is on St. Patrick's Day and we are feeling a "wee bit" excited! The Wenatchee Irish Dancers are going to entertain you on our new Summer Music Theater stage, while Cave B Winemaker, Freddy Arredondo, a former Chef, grills up your Pre-Ordered Bratwurst or Veggie Burger(SOLD OUT) lunch for some post-race fun! (bring your own blanket)
Cave B Estate Winery is a beautiful place located in Quincy, Washington, next door to the famous Gorge Amphitheater overlooking the Columbia River Gorge. This trail run wanders through the Cave B Familigia Vineyards, through the sage dotted desert plateau and along the cliffs overlooking the Columbia River. It is an event for all levels: walker, joggers, runners - a fantastic training run, beautiful views and chance to get out and enjoy the majesty of the land and nature. The 5K Trail Fun Run starts at 11 AM. At 10:15 AM prior to the Caveman 5K Roar and Pour Trail Fun Run will be a Carol's Cabernet Loop Kid's Run.
Even if the exercise part isn't your thing, we'd love to have you join us as a fan or a volunteer roaring and cheering the participants and sampling our wonderful award winning wines.
Throughout the afternoon we will be pouring our fantastic Cave B Estate Wines featuring several new vintages on the event day Saturday, March 17th, 2018.
Cave B Estate Winery has chosen to partner with the Quincy Valley Medical Center Foundation again this year to raise funds for the Emergency Medical Services at our local Quincy Valley Medical Center. Please consider donating to give back and say thanks. All sponsorship and donation dollars raised will go directly to the Quincy Valley Medical Center Foundation. You may make a donation here or contact the foundation directly at Foundation@quincy hospital.org, (509) 787-5367, www.quincyhospital.org. Sponsors of QVMC defined pledge levels made prior to Feb 21th with be named on the race T-shirts.
Quincy Valley Medical Center is a medical complex composed of a 25 bed Critical Access Hospital, a Rural Health Clinic, a Physical Therapy practice, and a Level IV Trauma Center Emergency Department. The department treats over 3,700 patient emergencies each year. Funds provided by sponsors and generous donor will be used for equipment and facility improvements that are otherwise not funded.
For fun we have a team option. Get together a group of friends, co-workers, or family members and make the event your own. Four or more constitutes a team.
Fun prizes will be awarded in a variety of categories for individuals and teams:
- First Finisher (no official clock)
- Best Caveman and/or Cavewoman costume
- Best team theme and spirit (four or more runners)
- Best human and dog costume combination
- Best Irish spirit for St. Patty's Day
- Best "Roar" contest, individual & team
- Most Clovers collected contest! This is a BIG prize!
Cave B Estate Winery is located in the center of Washington state, ~2.5 hours from Seattle, head east on I-90, ~45 minutes from Ellensburg, about 50 minutes from Wenatchee down WA-28 and WA 281 or ~2 hours from Spokane heading west on 1-90. Come on over, join in the run and the fun.
See you there,
Cave B Estate Winery Team
Event details and schedule
- Registration December 14 through Feb 27, 2018: Online at www.Active.com or in person at Cave B Estate Winery Quincy or Woodinville Tasting Rooms
- Late registration Feb 28 - March 2nd Online at www.Active.com or in person at Cave B Estate Winery Quincy or Woodinville Tasting Rooms (T-shirt no longer guaranteed)
- Online Registration Closes Closing March 2nd as SOLD OUT
- Race Day Onsite Registration 8:30-10:30 AM March 17th: Cave B Estate Winery Quincy, WA
- Packet Pick-up Friday March 16th 1PM-5PM and Race Day March 17th 8:30-10:30 AM: Cave B Estate Winery
- Start Time Kid's Run - Carol's Cabernet Loop - 10:15 AM March 17th, 2018
- Start Time Caveman 5K Roar and Pour Trail Fun Run - 11 AM March 17th, 2018
- Wine Tasting - Cave B Wine Tasting 12-6 PM March 17, 2018
- Pre-Ordered Grilled lunch picnic - 11:45-1pm March 17, 2018
- Wenatchee Irish Dancers perform -post-race when the majority of runners are in
- Awards - ~1 PM March 17th, 2018
Cave B LLC